Android TV Netflix Error 13
Usually, the Netflix Android TV error 13 occurs when the Netflix service cannot be loaded. The error also appears if the version of the Netflix app installed is not compatible with your TV. Proceed with the steps that are given below to fix the Android TV Netflix Error 13 issue.
- If the error occurs, the first step to do is to refresh the information stored on your device.
- Unplug the power cord from the TV and connect it back after few minutes.
- If there is any issue with your Wi-Fi network, try connecting your TV to a mobile hotspot.
- Turn on the Mobile Data on your smartphone and swipe down. Now, tap the Hotspot icon.
- Now, connect your TV to your mobile hotspot.
- If the error appears again after connecting to the mobile hotspot, clear the Netflix cache.
- For this, go to Settings on your TV and select the Application Manager option.
- Now, locate the Netflix app and open it.
- Select the Storage option and tap Clear Cache.
- Make sure that you have installed the app from Google Play Store.
- If not, uninstall the app and reinstall it from Google Play Store.
- Once the Netflix app is installed, select the Netflix app on the Google Play Store. Tap the More icon, and uncheck the Enable auto-update option.
- Launch the Netflix app and log in using the username and password of your Netflix user account.
- Once you are logged in, the Android TV Netflix error 13 might be cleared, and you can start streaming your favorite content on Netflix.