- Brother Dcp L2540dw Troubleshooting
Brother Dcp L2540dw Troubleshooting
If your Brother DCP L2540DW printer is not working properly, follow the steps given below to troubleshoot the printer issues. Let’s now have a detailed look at the Brother DCP L2540DW troubleshooting.
Basic power cycling:
If the printer is not working and there is no light flashing on the control panel, check if you have firmly connected the power cord to the printer. If the power cord is damaged, remove the damaged power cord from the printer and then connect a new power cord. Turn On your Brother printer.
Steps to remove the jammed paper:
- If you find that a sheet of paper is jammed inside the Brother printer, leave the printer turned ON and wait for few minutes.
- Now, press the cover release button and then open the front door.
- Gently take the drum unit and the toner assembly out of the printer.
- Place the drum unit and the toner assembly above a disposable paper.
- Grab the jammed paper with your hands and gently remove the paper out of the printer.
- If the paper is jammed on the printer’s rear side, pull the green tabs on the rear side of the printer to open the fuser cover.
- Grab the jammed paper and remove it completely out of the printer.
- Close the fuser cover.
- Once the paper is removed, insert the drum unit and toner assembly into the printer.
Steps to clear printer offline issue:
- On a Windows computer, click the Start icon and then select the Settings icon.
- In the Settings window, locate and select the Devices option.
- On the Devices settings screen, click Printers and scanners.
- Search your Brother printer in the Printers and scanners window.
- Now, select your printer and then click Open queue.
- Next, a new dialog box will appear; click the Printer tab.
- Under the Printer tab, deselect Use Printer Offline and Pause Printing.
- If the printer is not set as the default printer, you can’t print on that printer.
- So, click the Printer tab. Now, select Set As Default Printer and then click Cancel All Documents.
Steps to replace the toner:
- If the toner is low and your print quality is not good, try to change the toner cartridge.
- Make sure the Brother printer is turned ON and wait for few minutes.
- Now, open the front cover and pull the drum unit assembly until it stops.
- Push the lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- Unpack a new toner cartridge, then remove the protective tape.
- Insert the toner into the drum unit and lock the lever.
- Now, clean the corona wire inside the drum unit several times.
- Insert the drum unit completely into the printer.
- Finally, close the front cover.
For more troubleshooting tips or assistance for your Brother DCP L2540DW printer, click the CALL button.