- Brother Printer Touch Screen Not Working
[FIXED] Brother Printer Touch Screen Not Working
Nowadays, most multi-functional printers come with a touchscreen display that helps the users to access the printer functions easily. However, there are also some issues encountered by the users when using the touch screen display. If you find that your Brother printer touch screen not working, then scroll down this page to know how to fix it.
Restart The Printer
The restart process will help you to resolve some unexpected issues that occur on your printer.
- Initially, turn off your Brother printer.
- Next, unplug its power cord.
- Leave the printer disconnected from the power source for 10 seconds.
- Connect the power cable back to the printer and turn the printer on.
- Now, check if your printer’s touchscreen is working by tapping or pressing an option.
- If your Brother printer’s touch screen is not working, then perform the next method.
Calibrate The Touchscreen
To perform this method, you need any one of the following tools:
- A stylus and A pencil
- A wooden or plastic object with a point
Note: Don’t use a metal object to calibrate your touchscreen.
- Turn on your Brother printer if it is turned off.
- Now, locate the FAX button on your printer’s control panel and press it.
- Make sure that the printer LEDs are lit.
- Now, hold down your printer’s Home button.
- As soon as the Serial #, ROM Version, and Pages Printed information are displayed on the screen, release the button.
- Now, below the Print Page section, you can find a blank rectangular area; press and hold it for 2 seconds.
- Wait for the numerical, alphabetical, or machine function chart to appear on your printer screen.
- Once it is displayed, press the following buttons one by one: *, 0, and #.
- If the 0 Maintenance message is displayed at the top of the screen, then press the 7 button followed by 8 on the touchscreen display.
- Now, you can see five white dots displayed on your printer screen.
- Press the white dots one by one using the wooden or plastic tool.
- Make sure that the dots are pressed lightly.
- Keep pressing the dots until they disappear.
- After clearing all the dots, press the OK button displayed on the screen.
- In case the ERROR message is displayed on the screen, then re-perform the calibration process.
- Once you have finished the calibration, test the touchscreen status. If the touchscreen is working properly, it means the issue is resolved.
Otherwise, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.