[Solved] Can’t Clear Print Queue in Windows 10
Sometimes when you want to print on your printer, previous documents queued up in it prevent the task from happening. This way, all the assigned print jobs get lined up. The following lines provide the instant solution for can’t clear print queue in Windows 10.
The print files before being sent to the printer arrive in the Windows Spooler, a program to manage all print jobs. The spooler is responsible for changing the order of pending print jobs or delete them. Once the error occurs, the next print job cannot be done, and nor those behind it. The solution to this issue is to cancel all the trouble-making files.
Solved: Cancel Print Job On Windows 10
- Access Settings > Printers > Open Queue.
- Pick the problematic file.
- “Hit” Cancel.
- Or go to the Printer Menu and cancel all the documents from printing.
- Restart the computer and printer.
- Pull out the wire connections and “reconnect” them once the system reboot is complete.
Different Ways to fix the Can’t Clear Print Queue in Windows 10 Issue
Method 1: Clear Print Queue Manually
- Turn the printer off.
- Tap the Cortana button in Windows 10. Type Services in the search box.
- Go to Print Spooler in the Services Window.
- Double-tap Print Spooler.
- Click Stop to disable the Print Spooler.
- Launch File Explorer from the task bar.
- Access C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS.
- Locate the folder containing a log of documents on the print queue.
- Perform a combinatory key action on Ctrl and A keys to select all the files in the folder.
- Delete the files.
- Open the Print Spooler Dialog Box again.
- Hit Start to enable the Print Spooler.
- Try printing a file on your printer.
- Still, you are facing can’t clear print queue in Windows 10 issue try another method.
Method 2: Clear Print Queue With Commands
- Switch of the printer.
- Push the Windows logo and X keys together at the same time.
- The Command Prompt window opens and type net stop spooler. Hit Enter.
- The print spooler is disabled.
- Access C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and press the Return key.
- The print job queue is now deleted.
- Input net start spooler in the command window and hit Enter.
- The spooler is turned back on.
- Print a file.
Method 3: Clear The Queue With A Batch File
- Power down the printer.
- On the Windows search bar, type Notepad and tap Enter on the keyboard.
- Copy and paste the below-given commands in your computer’s Notepad.
- @echo off
- echo Stopping print spooler
- net stop spooler
- echo Erasing Temporary Junk Printer Documents
- del /Q /F /S “%systemroot%\System32\Spool\Printers\*.*
- echo Starting print spooler
- net start spooler
- Save the file with a name under All Files in the type option.
- Delete .txt in the File name box and add .bat at the end of the file name.
- Hit Save and make a note of the file in which it is saved.
- Open the folder with the file.
- Click Printer Queue.
- Switch on the printer and try printing a file.
- Still, you are facing can’t clear print queue in Windows 10 issue contact our experts.