How to Change Streaming Device Name?
For easy identification, you can name your streaming device. This is more useful when your home has more than one streaming devices. Having an account in the streaming device manufacturer portal is enough to Change Streaming Device Name.
How to Change Streaming Device Name using App?
Quick Steps for Change Streaming Device Name
- Sign in to your device manufacturer account.
- Visit “Settings—>System—>About”. View the serial number of the device.
- Find your device under the My linked devices option.
- Click the Rename link and enter the new name.
- Hit Confirm.
- “Another method” is to launch the streaming app on your mobile device.
- Select “Settings—>Edit name”.
How to Change Streaming Device Wi-Fi Network?
- Download and install the Google Home app from the Play Store or App Store.
- Go to the Devices option.
- Locate your streaming device and open the Settings within it.
- Touch the new Wi-Fi network and input the password.
- Click Connect once done.
- The old Wi-Fi network automatically turns off.
How to Change Streaming Device Password?
- Visit the streaming device manufacturer’s portal on your computer.
- Log in to your account with the known credentials.
- Find the Account Information section. Tap the Update button.
- Click the password menu. Key in the old password.
- Now, input the new password.
- Once the necessary changes are made, select Save Changes.
- Or choose the Forgot Password option and reset the password.
How to Change Streaming Device Background?
- Press the Home button on your streaming device remote.
- Find the Settings option. Select Screensaver.
- Hover any of the screensaver and select Preview to see how it will look.
- Chose Custom Settings and make changes.
- On clicking Preview, you can view the effect of the changes.
- Press OK on the remote to save the changes.
How to Change Streaming Device IP Address?
Get to know the IP address of the device prior to the upcoming process. Go to About—>Network section to find the existing IP address.
- Visit the Settings menu of your streaming device.
- From the System menu, scroll down to Network—>Wireless Network.
- Forget the Network you’re already connected to.
- Key in your password and head to the Advanced option.
- Input the IP address and the Gateway address.
- Enter the first DNS value or enter 126.96.36.199.
- Now, key in the second DNS value. Or key in 188.8.131.52.
- Connect and configure your Network settings.
How to Change Streaming Device Resolution?
- Head to the Settings option on the streaming device.
- Click the Display Type.
- Some devices have the option to change only the aspect ratio.
- If you find the Resolution menu, click the drop-down menu.
- Set it to 1080p or 720p.
How to Change Streaming Device Country Code?
- After connecting your streaming device to the TV, head to the Settings option of the streaming device.
- Open Settings—>Country Settings—>Change.
- Select your Country. Update the change.
- In cases of changing the Country, de-register your account.
- Then register the device and begin to use.
In, Above Provided Easy Guidance for Change Streaming Device Name, IP Address, Country Code & Resolution. For More Guidance about Streaming Devices Contact Our Experts.