- Computer Security
Computer Security Audit
The strategic evaluation of a company’s information security system is called a computer security audit. The process involves assessing the security of the organization’s security environment, information handling mechanism, and employee practices.
Why Computer Security Audit is Necessary?
- Helps companies to maintain their compliance programs up to date.
- Identifies and fixes security issues within the company.
- Upgrades the company’s security policies and procedures.
- Secures the organization against cyber threats.
How to Do Computer Network Security Audit?
- Define the objective and scope of your audit.
- Make a list of your critical assets and the threats they are prone to.
- Evaluate the current security system’s performance.
- Score the threats against their occurrence probability and come up with a prioritization list.
- Designate security solutions based on potential and possible threats.
Computer Security Auditor
Computer security auditor is one who assesses the computer security of a corporation and generates detailed reports of a system’s performance. Designing and managing the organization’s security audit is his responsibility. He interprets the data gathered and suggests a solution for improvement.
Importance of Computer Network Security Audit
- Monitors the data flow in your business
- Identifies the vulnerabilities and existing issues in system security.
- Gives a clear outline of the measures to be taken.
- Helps you choose the right security technologies for your business needs.
Computer Network Security Audit Software
Complex procedures of computer security audit have to be handled by a systematized tool. The utility should come with an audit tool, log & event manager, and Access rights controller. It should be able to maintain audits and real-time log charts automatically.
Desktop Computer Network Security Audit Checklist
- Computer Security Audit must meet the following Checklists
- Anti-virus software in its latest version
- Updated operating system and application security patches
- Memory protection – enabled devices
- Personal Firewall
- Anti-phishing controls
- Users awareness of computer security
- Administrator privileges
- An ISO- approved Host Intrusion System