- Security Software
What is Computer Security Software?
Any software that protects a computer or network from unauthorized access and theft is termed as Security Software. Such programs can secure your computer against viruses, malware attacks, password attack, and data theft. Computer Security Software come as anti-virus, anti-spam, firewall, and cryptographic software.
How to Choose Computer Security Software?
- Find a security software that provides overall protection against “viruses, trojans, spyware, ransomware, adware, and web threats”.
- Check if the software offers complete protection both offline and online.
- See if the software manufacturer provides after purchase support.
- Some security software have been known to slow down the system performance. Hence make sure to determine how the software impacts the speed of your computer.
Types of Computer Network Security Software
- Intrusion Detection Software
- Computer Aided Dispatch
- Log Management Software
- Anti-virus software
- Security Information Management
- Anti-virus software
- Cryptographic software
What is the Purpose of Security Software?
The purpose of computer security software is to
- Prevent the attack of viruses, spyware, and malware.
- Safeguard confidential and sensitive data
- Ensure the compliance of security measures with the standards.
What is the Best Security Software for Free?
If you are looking for free protection for your Windows computer, here are the top choices.
- Avast Free Antivirus
- Kaspersky Free
- AVG AntiVirus Free
Best Paid Computer Protection Software of 2019
The best security software packages are listed below.
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2019
- Norton AntiVirus Basic
- Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus
- F-Secure Antivirus SAFE
Top Rated Security Software 2019
- Bitdefender Total Security 2019
- Norton Security Deluxe
- ESET Internet Security
- Kaspersky Security Cloud
- BullGuard Premium Protection
How to Install Computer Security Software?
- Do your own research and pick the right kind of anti-virus software based on your requirements.
- Prefer “paid protection over the free ones“.
- Complete all the other programs running on the computer.
- Connect your “computer” to the “local Wi-Fi network”.
- Search the “anti-virus software” in your browser.
- “Click” the link with the preferred package.
- “Hit” the Download button.
- “Wait” for the file to download. Unzip the file once downloaded.
- “Double-click” and run it. Follow the instructions of the installer window.
- “Click Done” once the installation is over.
- Reboot the computer and update the software to the latest version.
How to Check Computer Network Security Software?
- On your Windows computer, go to Start—>Control Panel—>System and Security.
- Select the Review Your Computer’s Status and Resolve Issues option.
- See if there are any red alerts.
- Resolve the issue by clicking on the suggested action.
How to Remove Security Software from PC?
- Click the Start menu on your Windows computer.
- Head to Control Panel—>Programs—>Add or Remove Programs.
- View the installed anti-virus software in the list.
- Select it and right-click.
- Move to the Uninstall option and click it.
- Wait for the program to uninstall.
- Check if there are other anti-virus associated programs listed.
- If found, uninstall them also.
How Does Security Software Improve PC Performance?
- It protects your computer from hackers and unauthorized accesses.
- It tracks and monitors the data transmission to overview the safety of the data.
- Eliminating malware can increase your computer’s running speed.
- Makes enough space for the really important files by deleting the unwanted big files.
How to Disable Security Software on Windows Computer?
- Find the anti-virus software icon on the Windows notification area.
- Right-click the icon and select Disable.
- Some software require in-program disabling.
- In such cases, click open the program.
- Head to the Stop or Disable option and click it.
How do I Check for Virus Protection on Computer?
- Head to Start—>Control Panel.
- Go to the Security and Maintenance tab.
- Click the drop-down button next to the Security option.
- You can view the installed anti-virus software and Firewall programs running in the background.
What is a Good Security Software?
A good computer security software should be able to
- Monitor and control the computer’s incoming and outgoing traffic.
- Inspect any malicious activities on the system.
- Eliminate the existing malware and ransomware on the computer.
- Protect your sensitive information when you go online.
- Alert you whenever any illicit intrusion is detected.
What is the Best Total Security Software
Kaspersky Total Security has been hailed as the best total computer security software by digital enthusiasts. It has dedicated ransomware protection and a virtual keyboard.
Bitdefender Anti-virus Plus also tops the list with its excellent malware-detection score and very less system performance impact.
Norton Security Premium remains the favorite of many PC users for its exceptional virus detection capabilities.
What is the Best Free Security Software?
Following are the best free Computer Security Software. Kaspersky free Anti-Virus, Bitdefender Anti-Virus Free Edition, and Avast Free Anti-Virus offer excellent protection against malware, spyware, and viruses. The performance impact ranges from medium to high.