- Computer Threats
Computer Security Threats
Computer security threats is defined as a risk that can potentially damage the hardware of the system and lead to loss of data or its corruption.
Types of Network Security Threats
- Computer Worm
- DDoS attack
3 Steps to Prevent your PC from Security Threats
- KeePass software and Password Safe are free and open-source tools required to store your Web passwords.
- FreeOTFE is a free encryption tool.
- File Shredder is a free and open-source utility that securely deletes unwanted files to free up the disc space.
Sources of Computer Security Threats
- Software vulnerabilities
- External Storage Drives
- System users
- Malware Infection
Which Security Threats Damage Computer in Processing?
Malware – infiltrates and damages your computer.
Spyware/ Trojan horse – Comes as a legitimate software. Deletes the computer files after installation.
What is Security Threats in Computer Networks?
Security Threats in computer networks are aimed at destroying and consuming the network’s resources. They can be logical attacks or resource attacks.
What is External Threats to Computer Security?
Any loophole exploited to gain access to the internal environment of an organization can be termed as an external threat. An external threat might not always be after information; instead for access.
Examples of threats that can compromise computer security
- Computer viruses infect your computer.
- Trojan horse is capable of recording your passwords and hijacking your webcam.
- Spyware tracks your browsing activities, passwords, and even credit card numbers.
- Rootkits give way for hackers to get into your computer.
What are Web Browser Threats?
Phishing – Steals your site credentials and uses it for illegal purposes.
Malware – Accesses cache data and exploits it in illicit ways.
Latest Computer Network Security Threats 2019
- Ransomware such as WannaCry, NotPetya, and Locky were a dominant threat to Computer Security or cybersecurity in 2019.
- Crypto-mining/Crypto-jacking has been on the rise recently.
- Phishing messages are growing in numbers every day.
Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Malware – Malicious software intended to steal data and blackmail users.
- Old security vulnerabilities – Software remaining unpatched poses the worst threat to a computer.
- Phishing attacks – Comes disguised as emails from an important authority of the organization and ends up stealing the account credentials of the employees.
- IoT devices – Smart devices are hijacked and compromise the security of the network over which they are connected.
- Employees of an organization – Sometimes the employees use their access privilege carelessly and allow attackers to get hold of the system easily.
Computer Network Security Threats and Solutions 2019
Ransomware attacks can be prevented by using a multi-layered security solution consisting of anti-virus, firewalls, and intrusion detection systems.
Phishing emails can be counterattacked by using email virus detection tools.
To minimize the risk of hacked smart devices run a security audit to assess the assets on the network and the operating systems.
How to Prevent from Security Threats?
- Make use of Web content filters if you run an organization.
- Lock down configurations and eliminate unused services.
- Examine any anomalous activities registered.
- Restrict the transmission of confidential data.
- Apply several layers of security to your data.
- Launch a strong authentication mechanism to sensitive systems.
How to Manage Security Threats?
- Find and assess the risks involved in the existing security system.
- Evaluate the impact in the event of a security breach.
- Devise a security risk management strategy.
- Review and update the cybersecurity policies often.
- Place high-priority data in restricted sections and enforce strict access controls.
How to Safeguard Network against Security Threats?
- Update the installed anti-virus software regularly.
- Ensure that all the applications on your computer are password protected.
- Make use of Firewall and other internet security software to block hacks and data breaches.
- Avoid visiting prohibited sites or sites without HTTPS.
- Update the Operating System and other software on the computer periodically.
How to Protect your Computer from Internet Security Threats?
- Never click on links within pop-up windows.
- Have the updated version of anti-virus software installed on your computer.
- Automate the disinfection program of your anti-virus software.
- Run daily full system scans.
- Back up the computer content from time to time.
- Turn on the Windows firewall.
- Block phishing emails.
- Now, the computer is prevented from computer security threats.
To know more about computer network security, feel free to contact us. We are providing a Simple Installation Help Guidelines for Hardware & Software Devices such as Smart Phones, Desktops, Routers, Printers, Antivirus, etc from Our Tech Experts. To know more about our services, please take a look on www.installation-help.com