- Connect External Hard Drive
How to Connect an External Hard Drive to iPhone?
To transfer files between your iPhone and external hard drive, you have to establish a connection between them. Also, you can easily access the files from the external drive.To know how to connect an external hard drive to iPhone, refer to the following step-by-step instructions.
Connecting your Hard Drive to your iPhone port
- Connect your external hard drive directly to the USB-C port of your iPhone.
- If your iPhone uses Lightning port instead of USB-C port, you have to use the Lightning-to-USB adapter.
- On your iPhone, locate the Files application and tap its icon.
- Tap the Browse option at the bottom.
- Select the external hard drive’s name and you can view all the data on the drive.
- The simple steps to transfer files between your external hard drive and iPhone are provided below.
Moving Files from External Hard Drive to iPhone
- In the Files app, tap Browse and select your external hard drive.
- Choose the file that you want to move.
- Tap the Move option at the bottom.
- Now, select your desired location to save the file on the iPhone.
- Once done, the chosen file will be moved from the external hard drive to the iPhone.
Moving Files from iPhone to External Hard Drive
- In the Files application, tap Browse and select your internal storage.
- Select the file that you wish to move to the external hard drive.
- Tap Move and choose the external hard drive.
- Now, the selected file will be moved to the external hard drive.
Now you have seen how to connect an external hard drive to iPhone easily.