Connect External Hard Drive to PS4
You can use an external hard drive if your PS4 system does not have adequate storage space to install new games. After connecting the external drive, you can download add-ons from PlayStation Store and save them on the drive. Or else, you can move games from PS4 to the external hard drive. The steps to connect the external hard drive to PS4 are provided on this page.
Basic requirements to connect an external hard drive to PS4:
- A PS4 system with system software 4.50 or newer.
- An external hard drive with USB 3.0 or later. Also, it should have a minimum of 250 GB and a maximum of 8 TB storage capacity.
- Most importantly, you can connect only one drive at a time.
- You will receive an error message if the same application is installed on both PS4 and the external drive.
Connecting the external hard drive to PS4
- First, connect the external drive directly to the USB port of PS4.
- Note: For instance, consider the Seagate hard drive as the external storage device.
If you have saved any important data on the external drive, you should back it up to a different device before formatting the drive.
- On the PS4 device, navigate to Settings.
- Choose Devices -> USB Storage Devices.
- Now, you have to select the external hard drive that you have connected to the PS4 device.
- Select the Format as Extended Storage option.
- Select the Next option followed by the Format option.
- Now, the external hard drive will be formatted and all the data on it will be deleted.
- Once done, you can see the drive under the Storage section (on the Settings screen).
- From now onwards, you can save all the installed applications and games on the external hard drive. To do this, perform the following instructions.
- On the Settings screen, select Storage and choose Options.
- Select the Application Install Location option followed by the Extended Storage option.
- You can even move the already installed applications to the external drive.
- If you have any doubts in connecting the external hard drive to PS4, contact our technical experts.
To know how to connect External Optical Drive for Ps4, feel free to contact our experts. We are providing a Simple Installation Help Guidelines for Hardware & Software Devices such as Smart Phones, Desktops, Routers, Printers, Antivirus, etc from Our Tech Experts. To know more about our services, please take a look on www.installation-help.com