- Connect to Streaming Device
How to Connect Streaming Devices?
Streaming devices come in various forms: box, stick, TV. How to Connect Streaming Devices to the TV and enjoy your favorite programs.
Steps for Streaming Devices Connection
- See if your TV has an “HDMI port”.
- Use an HDMI cable to connect your streaming player to the TV.
- Unpack the device and insert the HDMI cable into it.
- The free end of the HDMI cable is to be connected to the TV.
- Connect the power connector to the Roku player; connect the power adapter to the wall socket.
- “Connect” your media player to a wireless network.
- Create an account for the device you use.
- The streaming player is all set to use.
How to Connect Streaming Device to TV?
- Connect the power adapter to the streaming device.
- Plug the free end of the device to your TV.
- Select the input channel on your TV.
- A screen with the device’s logo appears.
- Proceed with the guided setup instructions to connect the device to the TV.
How to Connect Computer to Streaming Devices?
- Both your PC and streaming device must be connected to the same wireless network.
- Navigate to Control Panel—>Network and Sharing Center—>Media Streaming options.
- View the list displayed and choose your TV.
- Select the video to be played.
- Enable the casting option.
How to Connect Laptop to Streaming Devices?
You cannot plug in the streaming device into the laptop as it has only output HDMI port. However, mirroring between the laptop and streaming device is possible.
- Connect the streaming device and the laptop over the same network.
- Access Settings by holding down the Home button of your remote.
- Go to Mirroring—>Connect—>Your streaming device name.
- The laptop screen appears on the TV.
How to Connect Streaming Devices to wifi?
- Power on the streaming device.
- The setup process begins with instructions on the screen.
- Get to know your home network’s name and password.
- Choose Wireless connection within the Networks option.
- Upon selecting your network and entering its password, click Connect. A wireless connection is made with the streaming device.
How to Connect to Streaming Devices without Wifi?
Some streaming devices have a USB port to which you can connect the local storage device.
- Press the Home button on your streaming device remote.
- Select the Mirroring option.
- On the streaming device menu, go to Settings—>Display & Sounds—> Enable Display Mirroring from the Fire TV menu.
- Go to Settings on your mobile device.
- Tap Wireless Networks—>Share and Connect. Turn on the Casting option.
- Your device is mirroring to the streaming device.
How to Connect Streaming Devices to Hotspot?
- Switch on your mobile’s data connection.
- Turn on the Hotspot option and set a name and password for it.
- Go to the Settings option on the device’s TV.
- Navigate to Network. Find your Hotspot network in the list displayed.
- Tap on it and input the password.
- The device is now connected to your hotspot network.
How to Connect iPhone to Streaming Devices?
- Make sure you connect the streaming device and iPhone over the same wireless network.
- Update your streaming device to the latest version.
- Locate Screen mirroring within the Settings option.
- Download the streaming device app on your iPhone.
- Click open the app to find the devices nearby.
- On tapping the name of your device, the mirroring process begins.
Streaming Devices Connection Troubleshooting
[SOLVED] How to fix Streaming Devices not Connecting to Wifi Issue?
- Find the IP address of the router.
- Put this address into the address bar of your browser.
- Log into your router.
- Move to the DNS settings.
- Set DNS1 TO 22.214.171.124 and DNS2 to 126.96.36.199
- Save the changes.
- If the problem is still unresolved, unplug the device’s power cord and plug it back in after 15 seconds.
How to fix Streaming Devices won’t Connect to Phone?
- Make sure that the streaming device and your mobile are connected over the same network.
- If your device is using a public IP address, contact your network manager to change it into a private IP address.
- Verify that your mobile device is not connected to a VPN.
- Try connecting the device manually to your home W-Fi network.
- Restart the mobile application of the streaming device.
- After Restart, follow the How to Connect Streaming Devices to Smart Phone Steps given above.