- Dell Printer Drivers
Dell Printer Driver Guidance
Dell printer driver are software files through which the operating system communicates with the device for which it is intended. The drivers have to be downloaded and installed on your computer for the smooth functioning of the computer-printer connection.
The printer driver has to be updated frequently to upgrade the latest security patches and functionality.
How to Download Dell Printer Driver for Windows 10?
- Click the below-given “Dell driver file” link compatible to Windows 10.
- Once the download process is over, click “Run”.
- Hit Continue on the Printers window.
- Select the location where you want to extract the files to and tap OK.
- Choose “Yes” when asked to overwrite the folder or to create one.
- Tap OK once all the files are successfully extracted.
- Click Ok when prompted to restart the system.
How to Install Dell Printers Driver on Ubuntu?
Since Dell doesn’t provide support specifically for the Ubuntu operating system, extra efforts have to be put in order to prepare the Dell printer drivers for systems operating on Ubuntu..
- Download the Dell driver ( compatible to Linux) given below.
- Unzip the driver file and find it in the Linux/Dell-your printer type-version number.i686.rpm format.
- This file requires a specific package for running. Install the necessary packages.
- Type rpm2cpio your filename.rpm | cpio –extract –make- directories in the command box to unpack the RPM package.
- Grant the files the required permissions with the command sudo chown – R root:root usr
- Copy the files to the right partition with the command sudo cp -r usr /
- Input sudo service cups restart to restart the print service.
- The installation of printer drivers on Ubuntu operating system is over.
How to Install Dell Printers Driver on Linux?
This software package is designed to set up your Dell printer for any computer running on the Linux operating system. Go through the details of the file and click it to download.
- Locate the downloaded file in the destination location.
- Double-click it to run the file.
- Go ahead with the instructions of the installer.
How to Install Dell Printers Driver on Mac?
- Download the Dell Printer driver for Mac OS from the link below.
- Run the downloaded .dmg file to extract the driver installer.
- Click open the Dell Installer icon to begin the process.
- Continue after reading the License information.
- Hit Continue > Install > Quit.
Easy Steps for Dell Printers Driver Install
- Establish a wireless network connection with your computer.
- Run the Software and Documentation CD that came with your printer.
- Follow the directions given out by the installer.
- Attach both ends of the USB cable one into the printer and the other into the computer when the installer prompts you to.
- Set up your printer meanwhile and align your cartridges.
- Go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Add a printer.
- Select your printer from the list and tap OK.
How Do I Install Dell Printers Driver without CD?
You don’t need to panic if you don’t have the configuration CD for your HP printer. You can easily download the driver file from our website.
- Connect the computer over a wireless network.
- Download the driver file from our site and install the driver on your computer.
- Continue the process with the installer instructions.
- The installer prompts you to connect the printer and computer with a USB cable.
- Configure your printer and prepare it to print.
- Add your Dell printer to the Devices of your computer.
Dell Printer Drivers for Chromebook
The Dell Chromebook has printer drivers installed in it. Follow the steps below to manually update the drivers.
- Connect your Chromebook over a wireless network.
- Head to Settings > Menu > About Chrome OS > Check for updates.
- The software update will download automatically.
How to Update Dell Printers Driver?
- Find the driver file for your computer’s OS.
- If no driver is available for your OS version, find the driver available for the closest OS version.
- Download the file and save it to a particular location on your computer.
- Right-click the downloaded driver file and go to the Compatibility tab.
- Touch Change Settings for All Users > Run this program in compatibility mode for -> Apply -> OK.
- Click Run as Administrator and tap Yes to start the update process.
Dell Printers Compatible with Windows 10
Dell Color LED/Laser printers, Dell Monochrome Laser Printers, and Dell Inkjet printers are compatible with Windows 10 computer systems. The list below gives the Printer models compatible with Windows 10.Dell Printer Driver Installation Guidance given above.
Dell Printers Driver Unavailable
If printer driver is unavailable for certain Windows version compatible to certain printer models, go ahead and uninstall the driver software (if already installed). Reboot the computer and re-install the printer driver compatible to an earlier Windows version. It will work just as fine.
How to Configure Dell Printers Driver Utility?
Dell printer driver configuration utility is an all-in-one package which includes the installer and Phonebook application. It usually is a file compatible with many Operating Systems and printer models.
Below given is the Dell Printers & Software Suite for setting up the printer on a Windows system.