Common Dell Printer Error Codes Assistance
Dell printer error codes so that the users can look up the codes on a search engine and fix the issue. Each code corresponds to a particular issue such as communication failure, cartridge overflow, or registry errors.
How to fix Dell Printer Error Code 062-380?
Cause : This error indicates the technical problem (communication failure) of the printer.
Fix : Power off the printer and start it again.
Dell Printer 924 Error 1203
Cause : The cartridges have overflown immediately after you filled ink in it or after several print jobs.
- Use a damp tissue to clean the ink off the cartridge contacts.
- Let the cartridge sit 24 hours after filling ink in it.
- Align the cartridges twice before printing.
- Run the clean cartridges function a couple of times.
- Print a test page to see how it works.
- Another way to fix it is by placing the cartridges fully submerged in a bowl of hot water.
- Dry it well and then install them in the printer.
- The printer will now print without any error.
Dell Printer 944 Error 1203
- “Turn off” the printer and “plug” the “power cord” out of the socket.
- Reinsert the “power cable” and “switch” the printer on after “30 seconds”.
- If the message didn’t return, print a test page and continue.
- Pull open the “top cover” of the printer while it is off.
- Move the “cartridge carrier” to the middle of the printer with the carrier belt.
- “Take away” both the cartridges and then turn the printer on.
- Insert the cartridges again and print a “test page”.
- Wipe the “cartridges” with a moist lint-free cloth and air dry them.
- Load the “cartridges” and check if the issue is resolved.
Dell Printer Error Code 007-371 Solution
Cause: Dell Printer Error Codes 007-371 corresponds to an error in the Photoconductive Unit of the printer.
- Power down the printer and restart it after 10 seconds.
- If the error is still displayed, remove the paper tray.
- Lift open the front cover and place a paper sheet on the transfer belt.
- Make sure not to cover the left and rights ends of the belt guards.
- Release the four locks on the PHD by rotating them by 90 degrees anti-clockwise.
- Use the handles on the PHD unit to take it out.
- Remove the packaging tape by pulling it out.
- Insert the PHD unit back into the printer and close the front cover.
- Begin printing with your printer now.
Solved: Dell Printer Error Codes 016-302
This error code is linked to a corrupt print job and is termed as CPU illegal exception.
- Pull out the cables from the Dell printer and “turn it off”.
- “Proceed” to print a test page after turning it on in a few seconds.
- On your Windows computer, “go to” Services.
- Right-click “Spooler > Stop”.
- “Reconnect” the cables and print a test page.
- “Uninstall” and “re-install” the Dell printer driver.
How to fix Dell Printer Error 092-670?
The Dell Printer Error Codes 092-670 indicates Calibrating Patch Error. The troubleshooting steps to fix this error include
- Open the rear cover of the printer while it is turned off.
- Pull down the right side cover.
- Unlock the waste toner box by turning its lever 90 degrees anti-clockwise.
- Hold the waste toner box handle and pull it out upright without spilling the toner.
- Keep the waste toner box upright.
- Pull up the operator panel and then the front cover.
- Pull the transfer belt unit outside using the loops on both ends of the belt.
- Make use of a clean and dry cotton swab to clean the CTD(Color Toner Density) sensor.
- Fix this issue also by cleaning the printer.
- Put the cleaning rod into one of the four holes until it clicks into place.
- Pull the rod out and then repeat the same procedure for the other three slots as well.
- Replace the Yellow imaging drum and check if the issue has been resolved.