How to Update Dell Printer Firmware?
Dell printer firmware is the program responsible for printer-computer communication. Each firmware update comes with the latest patch updates, better security, and increased functionality. Hence it is recommended to update the latest firmware regularly to improve the printer’s performance and life. Learn How to Update Dell Printer Firmware here.
Quick Steps for Dell Printer firmware Update
- Find the most up to date “firmware availabl”e for your printer.
- Download the file and save it to your computer.
- “Run” the downloaded firmware file and install the driver.
- The p”rinter is now updated” with the latest driver.
- Set your preferences and download the necessary files during installation
- Restart the “printer” and “computer” to complete the installation process.
Dell Printer Firmware Update Utility
Dell printer Firmware Update Utility is a tool that is specifically designed for Dell printers to transfer the printer commands into functions. This tool encompasses security patches and functionality updates in a single zip file.
Dell Printer Firmware Update Utility Download
- Download the latest firmware file specific to your printer from our website.
- Extract all the files from the zipped folder.
- Run the firmware update utility.
- Choose the right type of firmware file for your printer.
- Pick your printer from the list and hit Update.
- Wait for the completion of the firmware update.
How to fix Dell Printer Firmware Errors
Sometimes the Dell printer encounters a technical issue and might display firmware errors with their respective codes. Updating the firmware will solve the issue.
Solved: Dell Printer Firmware Error 900.57
The 900.57 is a PCL (Printer Control Language) error. The firmware update for this error is available only for the Dell 2330 printer. But this is also compatible with the Dell 2350dn printers.
- Restart the printer and check if the printer error remains.
- Check the printer queue and remove any stuck print jobs.
- Remove the existing driver from your computer and then install the latest firmware.
How to fix Dell Printer Firmware Error 900.43?
This error is a PostScript error. It can be fixed by
- Turn the printer off and detach the cables from it.
- Run a test print if the printer completes the Power On Self-test successfully.
- Clear all the print jobs from the print queues on all systems from which the printer has been used.
- Uninstall the driver completely and then re-install it.
How to Resolve Dell Printer Firmware Update Stuck?
Power cycling the computer can fix the stuck firmware update issue. Turn it off, plug out the connected cables, wait for about 30 seconds. Plug the cables back and turn it on. The How to Update Dell Printer Firmware steps are given above.