- Epson Printer Driver Install
Epson Printer Driver Install
Epson provides various drivers and utilities to access all the printer functions. Using the printer driver, you can perform various printing and scanning operations. Usually, the driver is provided on a CD-ROM along with your printer during the first-time purchase. You can directly insert the CD-ROM into your computer’s CD/DVD drive and run the setup file to begin the installation process. In case your computer doesn’t support the CD-ROM, follow these steps to get the driver from the official Epson site and complete the Epson printer driver installation.
Downloading the printer driver:
- Before starting, remove any previously installed Epson printer drivers.
- Disconnect the USB cable connected between your printer and computer, if any.
- Check if the Internet connection is stable.
- Open the default browser and go to the official Epson site.
- Under the Search By Product Name tab, enter your printer’s model number and click Search.
- Select the printer model from the search result.
- Expand the Downloads tab and check if your OS version has been detected and is displayed in the Operating System drop-down menu.
- If your OS version is not detected, select it from the drop-down menu and click the GO button.
- From the list of available printer drivers, choose the required one and click the Download button.
- Wait until the download is completed.
You have now seen how to download the driver. Continue reading the steps to know about the Epson printer driver installation.
Installing the printer driver:
- After completing the download, go to the Downloads section in the browser.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- For Windows, click Yes if the User Account Control dialog box appears.
- For Mac, enter the administrator password in the available field and click Continue.
- Agree to the EULA to continue with the driver installation process.
- Install the required software by selecting them in the driver installation wizard.
- Now, you will be directed to the Select Your Connection screen.
- Choose any one of the following options as your connection type and click Next.
- Wireless Connection
- Wired Network Connection
- Direct USB Connection
- Based on your connection type, the setup wizard will prompt you instructions to establish the connection between your printer and computer.
- Carry out the instructions and make the connection.
- Once your printer is detected by the setup wizard, print a test page.
- Finish the driver installation by following the rest of the instructions in the setup wizard.
You have now seen the Epson printer driver installation. In case you are stuck during this process, click the Call button on this page and contact our technical experts for assistance in resolving it.