- External CD Drive
How To Connect External CD Drive To Laptop?
Almost all the basic model laptops come with the CD-ROM drive built-in. Using this drive, you can perform file transfer, data storage, and more. But, the main drawback of CD-ROM is that you can’t burn discs. If your laptop’s CD drive doesn’t support disc burning, then you can use an external CD drive instead of the internal one. There are different types of external CD drives available in the market. Based on your requirement, you can purchase the drive and install it on your computer. To know more about connecting an external CD drive laptop, scroll down this page.
It is important to select the right external drive. Each drive differs by its size, features, and compatibility. So, when you purchase the external CD drive, first make sure that it meets your requirements. Once you have purchased the new CD drive, the next step is to connect it to your laptop.
Connect the external CD drive to a laptop
- First, turn off your laptop if it is turned ON.
- Get a USB cable that is provided with the drive. If the cable is not provided, then get the one that is compatible with your drive.
- Now, connect the drive to laptop using the USB cable.
- Turn on the laptop. Wait for your laptop to detect the connected external drive.
- Usually, when the laptop recognizes the connected drive, the driver installation process will be initiated automatically.
- If the installation process fails to start automatically, then insert the CD of the external drive into your laptop’s internal CD drive.
- Complete the driver installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the installation process is completed, you can use your external CD drive.
To get remote assistance in external CD drive connect to laptop, contact us.