How to Factory Reset HP Laptop?
Many of the laptop problems can be fixed by resetting it. The only disadvantage though is the loss of data. Hence, it is advised to take a backup of the data on your laptop before performing how to factory reset hp laptop
The content below explains the procedure of factory reset on an HP laptop.
how to factory reset hp laptop
Remember to plug your laptop for charging since this process requires long battery life.
- Take a backup of all the required files either in Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Navigate to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Get Started.
- Click Remove everything and wait until the resetting process is done.
How to Factory Reset HP Laptop from Startup?
- Plug out all the “external devices” from your laptop.
- Switch off the laptop and then turn it on.
- Tap “F11” continuously even before the Windows logo appears on the screen.
- Select Choose an “option > Troubleshoot > Reset” this PC.
Solved: Factory Reset HP Laptop Windows 10
- Search Reset this PC and open it.
- Click Recovery > Get Started > Reset this PC.
- Tap Keep my files > Reset.
Solved: Factory Reset HP Laptop Windows 8
- Navigate the cursor to the right edge of the screen.
- Tap Settings > Change PC Settings.
- Select Update and Recovery followed by clicking Recovery.
- Hit Get Started under the Refresh your PC without affecting files menu.
- Upon recovering the files following the instructions of the window, pick Remove everything and reinstall Windows.
How to Reset HP Laptop to Factory Settings?
The laptop should be plugged into the power supply throughout this process.
- Back up the needed files in Google Drive.
- Power down the laptop.
- Now, switch it on again.
- Before the system boots up, press F11 repeatedly.
- You will be brought to the Advanced Startup mode.
- Head to Advanced Options > Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.
- Hit All Drives > Reset.
How to Reset HP Laptop without Disc?
HP laptops have a recovery partition known as password reset disc which essentially performs the same functions of a restore disc. Read below to know how your HP laptop can be reset without the restore disc.
- Turn on your laptop and keep pressing F11 until it gets into the Recovery Manager menu.
- Click I Need Help Immediately > System Recovery > Back Up Your Files > Next.
- Pick the type of files to be recovered.
- Insert a blank disc into the optical disc drive in your laptop.
- Back up the files to the desired drive and hit Next.
- Now, the Recovery Manager program will rest the laptop to its factory defaults.
How to Reset HP 15 Laptop Windows 10?
- Start your HP laptop and hold down the Shift key.
- Click Power > Restart. Keep pressing the Shift key while the laptop boots up.
- Select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Keep my files.
- Respond to the prompts on the screen.
- Hit Reset finally and wait for the laptop to reboot once the process is over.
How to Reset HP Laptop without Password?
- Start your laptop and keep pressing F11 or Esc +F11 until the Recovery Manager window appears.
- Click Troubleshoot on the Choose an Option screen.
- Head to Recovery Manager > Factory Reset.
- Respond to the prompts of the wizard to finish resetting the laptop without password.
- Now, how to factory reset hp laptop without Password steps successfully completed.