How to Fix Quickbooks Not Responding Issue
If the ‘QuickBooks software is not working or responding’ problem arises, proceed with the different solutions provided below.
Solution 1 – Using Quickbooks Install Diagonastic Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool software from the manufacturer’s site.
- Find the executable setup file of the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool software in the Downloads folder and then click on it to start the installation process on your Windows computer.
- Once you have completed the installation process by following the on-screen instructions, close the installation window.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool icon and then select the Run as Administrator option.
- Make sure to exit all the running programs before running the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool software.
- The time taken to run the Diagnostic software is nearly 20 minutes. It depends on the internet speed and performance of the computer.
- Restart/reboot the system and then launch the main interface of the QuickBooks software on the Windows computer.
- This will resolve the QuickBooks not responding problem.
Solution 2 – Renaming or Deleting QBWUSER.INI File
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows and E keys at the same time.
- Navigate to the Organize tab and then select the Folder option followed by the Search option.
- Click the View tab, move to the Advanced Settings section, and select the Hidden files and folders option.
- Click Show hidden files and folders OK.
- Select the My Computer tab and then move to the C:drive section.
- Search for the C: \ Documents and Settings \ [Your user name] \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Intuit \ QuickBooks [Year]’ path.
- After right-clicking the QBWUSER.INI file, click the Delete/Rename button.
Solution 3 – Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Select Control Panel Uninstall a Program QuickBooks OK to uninstall the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool software.
- Use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool software to reinstall the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool software.
- Note: You are recommended to install the recent version software.
Solution 4 – Changing the Path of A .QBW File
- Find the file with the .qbw extension, right-click it, and select the Copy option.
- Move to the C:Drive section, create a new folder and name it as QBTEST.
- Paste the copied file in the newly created folder.
- Launch the QuickBooks software while pressing the Ctrl key at the same time.