SOLVED: HP Laserjet 1012 not Printing Issue
- If your HP Laserjet 1012 not printing, some standard troubleshooting solutions would be of great help.
- Check to see if your Laserjet 1012 is set up correctly; whether the cartridge is installed correctly into the printer, the paper is loaded in the paper tray and aligned evenly with the other sheets.
- On turning on your printer, check if the “LED lights” are working correctly and check to see if all the three LED lights are seen.
- Try printing a demo page to see if the printer works fine.
- This might be as a result of either of these following. This could be a printer jam, the printer is not connected correctly, the printer is skewed, the media does not go into the input tray, or the printer curled the media.
- Next, delete your print job; this option is available in your printer downloaded folder.
- You can browse through C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers, and remove the print job inside the queue.
- You need proper prompt access to delete the Printer solution.
- Once you restart your computer, the file is removed.
If these options do not work, it might be as a result of some software issues with the printer. The problems are given below.
- The Driver for the HP laserjet 1012 printer is not visible in the printer folder.
- During the software installation, you will find an error message displayed.
- The printer might be set up in running mode, but does not start printing.
Quick Solution for HP Laserjet 1012 not Printing Issue
The driver for the HP laserjet 1012 printer is not visible in the printer folder
- Try reinstalling the printer software. Click Start and select Programs. Choose your HP LAserjet1012 printer and click Uninstall.
- Remove the power cord from the printer. Install the printer software and then plug in the power cord back into the printer.
- Try a different USB port on your computer.
- If you are using a shared printer, select the Add printer from the settings and the printer option.
- Further information can be found under the Add Printer Wizard tab.
During the software installation, you will find an error message displayed
- It is the same as the first solution. Re-install the printer driver from your computer.
- Select your printer under the Start > Programs and then click on uninstall.
- Install the software printer either from the installation CD or through the driver download.
- Make sure there is as much free space in the driver you wish to re-install your printer software.
- To skip the previous step, you can also opt for Microsoft Drive Optimizer, and then you can re-install your printer software.
The Printer Might Be Setup In Running Mode, But Does Not Start Printing.
This problem has just one solution:
- It is to uninstall the driver software from your computer, choose your Laserjet 1012 printer form the Programs option under Start.
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer and install the software of the printer from the installation CD. Replug the power cord, and then you can power ON your printer. Now, the HP Laserjet 1012 not printing issue successfully solved.