- Error Code 43
Mac Error Code 43
The error code 43 displays on the Mac screen when you are trying to delete or move a file. A window prompts up, displaying “The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found.” It often occurs on OS X El Capitan or OS X 20.2 and rarely occurs on the other versions of macOS. The error may also occur if there are any hardware issues.Proceed with the steps given below to solve the error 43 occurring on a Mac device:
Closing opening files:
- The error code 43 may display when you are trying to move an item to the trash folder, check whether you have kept the file or folder open.
- Close the current file. Now, right-click on the same file and select the Delete option.
Renaming the file name:
If the error pops up when you are trying to delete an item, check the file name of the item. If the file name has more than one symbol character, remove the symbols and rename the file.
Unlocking file and incomplete download:
Check whether the file is locked or you have permission access to delete the files.
Unlock the file before moving to the trash.
- If you are trying to move a file that is not fully downloaded, you will encounter this error.
- Complete the download correctly before moving the files.
Fixing error from Disk Utility:
- Go to the Apple menu and select the Restart option from the list.
- When your device starts, press and hold the Command + R keys together until you see the Apple logo.
- Otherwise, go to Applications and navigate to the Utilities section. Then, select the Disk Utility option from the list.
- Select the disk on the left panel from which you have selected your file to delete or move it to trash.
- Click on the First Aid button to run a disk utility check.
- Continue to solve the errors by following the instructions on the screen.
Removing locked files:
- Click the Applications folder from the dock.
- Click Utilities and select the Terminal option from the list.
- Enter chflags -R nouchg in the terminal window.
- Double-click the trash folder and press the Command+A keys together to select all the contents. Then, drag them to the Terminal window.
- When prompted for permission to erase all the files in the Trash, click on the Secure Empty Trash button.
Resetting PRAM or NVRAM
- Parameter Random Access Memory(PRAM) or Non-volatile Random Access Memory(NVRAM) reset helps to solve the error 43 showings again.
- Shut down your Mac computer and turn on the computer.
- When the screen turns on, press the Command+Option+P+R keys together.
- Hold the keys until you hear a startup sound three times.
- Once you have done the resetting of PRAM, the error won’t appear again.
- Close all the open files and go to the Apple menu on the top-left corner.
- Select the Force Quit option from the drop-down list.
- Click the Finder option in the Force Quit Applications. Then, click on the Relaunch button.
- When prompted for confirmation to quit Finder, click Relaunch again.
- Now, right-click on the Trash icon on the Dock. Then, select the Empty the Trash option from the list.
- If all the above method fails, try upgrading your Mac operating system to the latest version from the App Store.
- Once you have downloaded and upgraded to the latest version compatible with your Mac device, the Mac error 43 will be fixed.