- QuickBooks Error 889
Quicken Error Cc-889 Solution
Quicken Error CC-889 is caused when you update your account with the banking institution. This error occurs when your bank doesn’t support Express Web Connect. With the help of Express Web Connect, Quicken downloads the transactions from the bank on your behalf without going to the bank’s website.
Follow the procedure given below to solve Quicken error CC-889.
- Upgrade Quicken to the latest version.
- Deactivate all the accounts which cause this error. Press Ctrl+A, and click Edit on the account that shows this error. Select Online Services -> Deactivate. Click Yes to confirm.
- Change the connection method and reactivate the account. Press Ctrl+A or go to the Tools menu and select Account List.
- Click on the Online Services tab and select Set up Now. Enter the login credentials of your bank. Go to Advanced Setup and select Direct Connect. Now, click Connect.
- If the error continues, create a backup from the Windows registry.
- Press the Windows icon. In the search box, type Command and press Enter.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter and click Yes when prompted for permission.
- A black box prompts up, type reedit and press the Enter button.
- When the Registry Editor window prompts, select the Quicken related name.
- Click File and press Enter.
- Select your folder to save the Quicken backup key from the Save In tab.
- Enter a name for your file in the File Name box.
- Select your type in the Export Range box. Click Save.
- If the error doesn’t get resolved, contact our customer support team for further queries.