- Fortnite Installation Error
How to fix Fortnite Installation error DP-06?
Fortnite is a popular online multiplayer video game. If you are getting the installation DP-06 error while playing online, then the error must be fixed to continue playing the game. You can refer to the steps given on our site to fix the Fortnite installation error DP-06 on your PC.
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu available at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Type epic games launcher in the search panel and hit the Enter key.
- From the search result, give a right-click on the Epic Games Launcher tab.
- From the pop-up menu, select More followed by Open File Location.
- In the File Manager window, give a double-click on the Epic Games Launcher shortcut icon and select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Click the Compatibility tab and enable the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- Click the Apply button followed by OK to save the applied settings.
- Restart your Windows computer and check if you could launch the Fortnite app.
- If the Fortnite installation error persists, move on to the next solution.
- Sometimes, the Fortnite installation error DP-06 occurs when the storage location is incorrect.
- Note down the file path mentioned in the error message and open the File Explorer on your Windows computer.
- Open the C:\ drive and navigate to the file path mentioned in the Fortnite error message.
- If you detect that the system has a Program Files x86 folder, then you need to save the downloaded Fortnite setup file in the Program Files x86 folder.
- Go to the installation window on your browser and click the file path mentioned in the error message.
- Edit the displayed file path by changing the “Program Files” folder into the “Program Files x86” folder.
- Finally, run the installation and check if the Fortnite installation error DP-06 has been resolved.