- Fortnite Installation Error
How to Fix Fortnite Installation Error IS-BV04?
Fortnite is an online video game developed by Epic Games and while installing it, users tend to face an error. IS-BV04 is the installation error that occurs on the system and this is due to a missing file or wrong file selection by the drive for the game installation. Continue to read to learn different methods to fix Fortnite Installation Error IS-BV04.
1. Check the Hard Drive:
- You need to have the NTFS file system on your drive to install Fortnite.
- Open the File Explorer on your computer, right-click the drive that has the game installer files, and choose Properties.
- In the Properties window, see if the file system shows NTFS. If not, you have to convert the file system to NTFS.
- Notice the drive letter on which you are going to change the file system and press the Win and R keys at once to open the Run dialog box on the screen.
- Enter “cmd” in the Run box and click OK.
- When the Command Prompt window opens up, input the below command line and press Enter. The ‘driveletter’ is the letter of the hard drive that contains the installer files.
- convert driveletter: /fs:ntfs
- Check if the Fortnite installation error IS-BV04, presist or not.
2. Scan the System Memory:
- If there is an issue with the RAM, the file name changes or the drive letter changes on the system.
- Scanning the system memory enables you to find the RAM problem and fix it.
- Click the Start icon and choose Windows Memory Diagnostic from the list of programs that appear.
- Click the Restart Now and check for problems link to run the RAM check.
- If any error is detected by the scan, check the problem and try to fix it.
3. Reinstall Fortnite
- Open the Fortnite program on your computer and click Library on the left panel.
- Next, select the settings or gear icon and choose the Uninstall menu.
- Once the uninstallation is complete, restart the computer.
- Reinstall the game program from online and check if the Fortnite installation error IS-BV04 is withdrawn.