How do I connect to August Connect?
Now, locking and unlocking your door has been made possible on August Smart Lock with the August Connect Wi-Fi bridge. Well, here is the step-by-step illustration for all those wondering How do I connect my August Connect
- Insert your August Connect to a wall socket within 30 feet of your August Smart Lock.
- Press and hold the button on your August Connect for 3 seconds if you don’t see a flashing green light on the device.
- Connect your iPhone to a local Wi-Fi network.
- Open the August app—>Lock Settings—>Connect to Wi-Fi.
- Hit the Begin Scan button.
- Check if the correct network is connected and click Done.
How to Connect August Connect to Alexa?
- Install the Amazon Alexa app on your iOS or Android phone.
- Log in to the account with the credentials.
- Go to Skills in the Alexa app.
- Search for the term August.
- Choose the August Smart Home icon.
- Enable the Skill by logging in with your August account information.
How to Connect August Connect to Wifi?
- Plug your August Connect into a power outlet within 15 feet of your August Smart Lock.
- If a flashing green light is not seen, press and hold the button on the device.
- Click open the August Smart Home app. Select Settings—>Lock Settings—>Set up August Connect.
- Choose the Begin Scan option to initiate the connection process.
- Pick your home Wi-Fi network and key in the Wi-Fi password.
- Click Done once the Wi-Fi network connection to the app is established.
How do I Pair August Smart Lock?
- Mount the “August Smart Lock” on your door following the instructions in the manual.
- Download the August Home app from the Google Play Store.
- On the home screen of the app, select Get Started.
- Select Set Up a Lock from the main menu.
- Choose your lock in the app and connect.
- Take control of the door activity and also monitor it.
How to Calibrate August Lock?
- Fit the August lock on the door.
- On the August Smart app on your mobile phone, go to the Lock Settings.
- Select Calibrate Lock—>Lock and DoorSense.
- Follow the instructions that appear afterward to calibrate the lock.
- Check if the calibration has been appropriately done by opening and closing the door.
- Relocate the DoorSense housing a bit closer to the August Smart Lock.
- Repeat the calibration process until you get accurate results.
How to Program August Smart Lock?
- On your iPhone or iPad, click open the August Home app.
- Find the Guest icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Hit Invite—>Invite via Mobile Number—>Invite a contact.
- Key in the guest’s phone number or select a contact.
- Choose the guest to be either a guest or an owner.
- Tap Send Invite.
How do I Install August Smart Lock 3rd Gen?
- Hold the keyed side of the lock with an adhesive strip.
- Remove the backplate and screws from the existing deadbolt.
- Unlock your deadbolt before removing the thumbturn.
- Tighten the mounting plate with screws over the existing deadbolt tailpiece.
- Insert the adapter into the back of the August Smart Lock with the logo at the bottom.
- Pull the side wing latches out on both sides and slip the August Smart Lock over the tail piece.
- Press down both side wing latches to the mounting plate.
- Thrust the August logo located at the bottom of the face plate.
- Hold the face plate and remove it.
- Position the batteries properly in their compartment.
- Keep the faceplate onto the August Smart Lock 3rd Gen with the logo at the bottom.
- Install DoorSense on your door.
- Download and install the August Home app on your mobile device. With this, the Smart Lock installation is over.
How to Remove August Smart Lock from Door Sensor?
- Use a screwdriver to loosen the pair of slots on both sides of the lock.
- Now, remove the lock off the mounting plate.
- Offload the mounting plate from the door.
- Uninstall the August Smart Lock app on your iPhone.
How do I Factory Reset August Smart Lock?
- Click open the August app on your mobile device.
- Move to the screen where you usually operate your lock.
- Hit the Settings Gear icon on the icon menu.
- Select Factory Reset—>Reset Lock.
- The August Smart Lock is now reset.