How Do I Install HP Printer Driver?
The printer driver is the software that helps you to access the connected printer from your computer. Different printers have the relevant printer driver provided by the manufacturer. To know how to install HP printer driver on your computer, read the steps given below.
Step-1: Download the printer driver
- Insert the HP printer installation CD into the computer.
- Open the printer driver file to run the installation.
- If you do not have the HP printer installation CD, visit the official HP support page using a browser.
- Search for the printer model and go to its support page.
- Click the Drivers, Software and Firmware tab on the page.
- Select the language and the operating system from the drop-down menus.
- Choose the driver installation package and click Download.
- Save the driver installation package on the computer.
Step-2: Install the printer driver
- Open the driver installer file to start the installation.
- Click Next to install the recommended software.
- Next, read the installation agreement and click the ‘I have reviewed and accept the installation agreements’ checkbox.
- Click the Next button, and now the installation progress will appear on the screen.
- Choose the connection type and follow the guided instruction to complete the connection setup.
Install the HP printer driver using Windows 8/10 built-in Print Driver using the below steps.
- Connect the computer to a network.
- Do not connect the Windows computer and the HP printer. If it is connected via a USB, disconnect it.
- Search for ‘Change device installation settings’ and select the top result.
- Once the window appears, select Yes (recommended) followed by Save Changes.
- Now, connect the printer to the computer.
- Following that, open the Control Panel window and then select Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer and choose your printer model name.
- If your printer model is not present, find it and then click Next.
- Read the prompts and add the printer successfully.