How Do I Unlock My Wd External Hard Drive
The WD drives are password protected and if you want to unlock your WD external hard drive, you have to select the Enable auto unlock for this computer checkbox. If the checkbox is not enabled, then you have to enter your password each time you access the drive.
You can unlock your hard drive using,
- WD Security or WD Drive Utilities software
- WD Drive Unlock utility
The following section explains the steps to unlock your hard drive using both methods.
Unlock using WD Security or WD Drive Utilities Software:
- Restart your computer or reconnect the WD external drive to the computer and open the drive. Now you will see the Unlock Drive dialog box that prompts you to enter your password.
- In the dialog window, enter your password and then click the Unlock Drive button.
- If the Unlock Drive dialog window does not appear on your computer, then go to Applications and then select WD Security or WD Drive Utilities.
Unlock using WD Drive Unlock Utility:
If you haven’t installed the WD Security or WD Drive Utilities software, then try using the WD Drive Unlock utility to unlock the drive. You can access the Drive Unlock utility from your desktop.
- On your desktop screen, double-click on the WD Unlocker VCD icon.
- On the WD Unlocker window, double-click the WD Drive application. The WD Drive Unlock utility screen will be displayed.
- Now, enter your password and then select the check box Enable auto unlock for this computer.
- Now, click on Unlock Drive.
Using any of the methods given above, you can easily unlock your WD external hard drive. If you have any difficulties in unlocking your hard drive, click the call button and our technical experts will assist you in fixing the issue.