- Add HP Printer Wireless Network
How to Add an HP Printer to a Wireless Network?
There are four methods by which you can establish a wireless network connection with HP printers. Depending on the printer model and the router involved, choose the best method of how to add an HP printer to a wireless network connection.
Here are the four ways:
- HP Auto Wireless Connect
- WPS(Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
- HP Wireless Setup Wizard
- USB Wireless Setup
Different Methods for HP Printer Wireless Conncetion
A. HP Auto Wireless Connect:
Auto Wireless Connect is rather the latest technology in HP printers, which involves no cables or wireless network settings. This feature is supported only by Windows Vista (and newer) & Mac OS X 10.5 (and newer)computers.
Make sure your printer is in Auto Wireless Connect Mode, which is enabled only for two hours after the initial installation process. Or you can reset the mode with the Restore Network Settings option.
- Install HP Auto Wireless Connect on your computer.
- Proceed with the process as per the instructions.
- Select the Network Connection type.
- Tap the Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer option.
B. WPS(Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
Confirm that both your printer and the router support the WPS setup. See if the router has a WPS button on it. The network must have either WPA or WPA2 security.
- Enable the WPS pushbutton mode in the Wireless Settings on your printer.
- Push the WPS button on your router in no lesser than2 minutes.
C. Wireless Setup Wizard:
This method can be followed on all HP printers with a display.
- Get to know the wireless network name and security password.
- Go to Network > Settings > Wireless Setup Wizard
- Find the list of wireless networks in the area.
- Choose your network from the list.
- Or enter the network name manually.
- Input the network key.
- A wireless connection is established.
D. USB Wireless Setup:
This method applies to all HP printers that come without a touch display.
- Run the driver software on your computer.
- When requested, connect the printer and computer with a USB cable.
Get the instant solution for how to add an HP printer to a wireless network and Printer problems contact our experts.