How to Add Canon Printer to Mac?
Adding your Canon printer to your Mac computer is only a few steps different from that of Windows. In most cases, the printer software is downloaded automatically. Always download the latest version of the driver. Read and perform the on-screen instructions of the installer and connect the printer to the computer. Confirm that your printer is compatible with the Mac version of your computer. You can check this out here.
How to Add Canon Printer to Mac is quite easy. All that you’re required to do is connect the printer to the Mac computer and switch on the printer. The printer driver is automatically installed on the Mac computer. When the automatic installation process doesn’t happen, add the printer manually as described below:
- Click Apple icon on the Mac computer’s dock.
- Select System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
- Check your printer’s status on the printer’s list.
- Enlist the printer to the list by tapping the Plus sign at the bottom.
- “Click” the Default tab within the Add window.
- Pick your printer in the “Add window”.
- Your Mac computer selects the printer driver automatically.
- “Else”, click the Use drop-down menu and choose Select Software.
- Pick a driver and click “OK”.
- Hit the Add button and complete the installation process.
Canon Printer Driver Download on Mac
Quick steps for Driver Download
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update.
- Unpack the printer, feed paper, and install the ink cartridges in it.
- Switch on the printer and clear the issues displayed.
- “Initially”, establish a cable connection between the printer and the computer.
- Run the printer software on the computer and connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.
- Detach the cable from your printer and Mac.
- The printer should still be connected to the network.
Detailed Steps for How to Add Canon Printer to Mac Computer.
- Download the Canon printer driver corresponding to your printer model and Mac OS version.
- You’ll find the Downloads shortcut in the dock at the bottom of the computer screen.
- Open the file with the extension .dmg.
- Click open the folder named Canon_PS_Installer.pkg.
- Enter the login credentials of the Mac computer.
- Exit the installer once done.
- Hit the Apple icon at the top left corner of the screen and pick System Preferences.
- Choose Printers& Scanners.
- If you find the Printers & Scanners window locked, proceed to unlock it.
- Select the Lock icon at the bottom left of the window and input the login credentials.
- Touch the + sign at the bottom of the window to add the printer.
- Right-click on the top of the window and select Customize Toolbar.
- Drag the Advanced Cog over to the toolbar and hit Done.
- Wait for the Searching for printers message to disappear after clicking on the Advanced tab.
- Type the details requested in the next window.
- Tap the drop-down menu at the Choose a Driver field > Select Software.
- Key in the name of your printer model in the search bar.
- Hit Add once the printer driver is selected.
- Hold on while your computer configures the printer.
- Now, how to add canon printer to mac PC was successfully completed.