- Bounce an Email in Mac
How to Bounce an Email in Mac Mail High Sierra?
The Bounce to Sender feature on your Mac Mail application will allow the user to send an unwanted message back to the sender. So, the sender would stop sending emails to the user’s email address. The Bounce to Sender feature is available only for the older versions of the Mac Operating System. The manufacturer removed the Bounce to Sender feature on the Mac High Sierra OS, instead, the users can spam and block unwanted emails so that they don’t receive emails from the blocked person or group.
How to Bounce an Email in Mac Mail High Sierra, the main purpose of having the Bounce to Sender feature is that if the email message is rejected by the user, the sender will remove the user’s email address from their list. Later, the manufacturer realized the Bounce to Sender feature from the user confirms the spammer that this email address is valid. Due to the major drawback, the manufacturer removed the Bounce to Sender feature from the latest version of the Mac Operating Systems.
The steps to bounce an email on older versions of the Mac OS are given below.
- After you launch the main window of the Mac Mail application, select and open the email message that you want to bounce back to the sender.
- Select the Bounce to Sender option. This will bounce the email message back to the sender.
- Since the Bounce to Sender feature is not available on the Mac High Sierra OS, the manufacturer recommends the user to block the email address of the sender by following the step-by-step guidelines mentioned below.
- First, open the Mac Mail application and choose the Preferences option from the menu.
- Navigate to the Rules tab and click the Add Rule option.
- Enter the email address of the sender that you need to block and choose the Delete Messages option from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Create a description of the new rule and click the OK option.
- This will block all the email messages from the sender. To get instant remote assistance for how to bounce an Email in Mac Mail High Sierra from our experts. contact us.