How To Change Mail Password On Mac Sierra
Changing your email password periodically keeps your account safe from cyber threats. You can also change or reset your password if you have forgotten your email account password.
Carry out the steps given below to change the Mail password on your Mac Sierra.
- Locate the Mail icon by scrolling through the apps on the Dock.
- If you don’t find the Mail app, go to the Applications folder and open the Mail application.
- Click on the Mail menu next to the Apple menu on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Click the Preferences option from the drop-down list.
- Select the Accounts tab to view the list of email accounts you have added to the Mail application on your Mac device.
- Now, choose the name of your email account in which you want to change the password.
- Select the Passwords section and click on the Delete button to remove the old password.
- Enter your new password in the field mentioned for it. Then, renter your password for confirmation.
- Save the applied settings and click on the “X” icon at the top-right corner of the Preferences window to close the window.
- Now, your email account password will be changed.
- You have to sign in using the username and new password of the email account from all devices.
Changing iCloud password:
- Click the Apple icon on the top-left corner of your homescreen on Mac.
- Click the System Preferences option from the list. Then, select iCloud.
- Select Account Details on the displayed window.
- When prompted to enter your Apple ID password, select the “Forgot Apple ID or password” option.
- Continue with the instructions on the screen to change the password.
- If you are prompted to answer the Security questions you have previously set, type the answer and click Next.
- You can also Reset Password by Email authentication.
- When prompted, enter the admin username and password of your Mac device.
- Your iCloud account will be signed out from all the active devices.
- Enter the newly changed password to sign in to your iCloud email account.