- Change Default Router IP
How to Change Router IP Address?
Since there are predominant hackers and cybercriminals everywhere, it is recommended to change the router’s default IP address. You can easily change it from the official router manufacturer’s website. Proceed with the steps that are given below to change router IP address from a Windows 10 computer.
- You need to know the default IP address of your router.
- Make sure to connect your router and computer via a wired connection.
- Now, press the Windows and R buttons together to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type cmd in the search section and tap the Enter key.
- Enter ipconfig in the Command Prompt window. Hit Enter.
- You can locate the IP address of the router in the Default Gateway section.
- Now, open your browser and enter the router’s IP address in the address bar of your browser.
- You can find the login credentials on the router’s label.
- Enter the login credentials to go to the web-based setup page of the router.
- The user interface of the site may vary depending on the router manufacturer.
- Go to the Setup or Settings section and select Network configuration.
- Now, change the last two numbers of the IP address in the LAN IP address section.
- You can use any numbers that are between 1 to 254.
- Make sure to note down the IP address you set and click on the Apply button.
- Now, your router will be rebooted automatically.
- You can now access the newly changed IP address to go to the router’s web-based setup page.
- For enhanced protection, it is also recommended to change the router’s login and network credentials.
- Make sure to save all the settings you have made.
- You can reconnect to the network using the new credentials.
Now we have seen how to change router IP address easily.