- How To Connect Airpods To Ps4 Without Dongle
How To Connect Airpods To Ps4 Without Dongle
AirPods are Apple’s latest earphones. They offer you the quality and comfort that all Apple products provide you with. It is possible to connect AirPods with your PlayStation4. However, it is not as simple and convenient as connecting other such earphones or headphones to Sony’s console. You should have some additional equipment to connect the AirPods to your PS4.
When third-party earphones/headphones are concerned, Sony has a strict policy. According to this policy, Sony does not permit you to connect any other earphones to its PS4. However, there are certain ways to do this task. So, let us discuss how to connect AirPods to PS4.One way to connect your AirPods (or any other Bluetooth headphones) to your PS4 is by using a dongle. However, if you don’t possess a dongle or are not interested in purchasing one, you can still do it using some simple steps. On this page, we shall see how to connect AirPods to PS4 without dongle.
Connect Airpods By Using Ps4 Remote Play App
Very recently, PS4 has launched the Remote Play app for Android phones. This app permits you to play your PS4 games on Android phones under the condition that your PS4 and smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. In this case, you will create a remote connection. Through this connection, you can view your PS4 controls on your Android phone.
The following is a list of the basic requirements you need for this method:
- An Android phone with a version above 5.0 or iPhone with iOS 13
- Your AirPods
- Your PS4
- PS4 controller
NOTE: The instructions for your Android phone and iPhone are the same. Therefore, you can route the audio on both the devices without putting in a lot of effort.
Now, follow these steps to connect your AirPods to PS4 without a dongle.
If you are using an iPhone, navigate to your App Store. In case you are making use of an Android smartphone, go to your Play Store.Download the Remote Play app on your phone.
Confirm that the Remote Play app is activated on your PS4 console. To do the same, carry out these instructions:
- Go to Settings on your PS4.
- Choose the Remote Play Connection Settings option.
- Select the Enable Remote Play option.
- Open the Remote Play app on your PS4. Next, register the PS4 to your PSN (Play Station Network) account.
- On the login page, provide your PSN credentials to continue with the steps to connect your AirPods to PS4 without a dongle.
- NOTE: There is another way to register your PS4. It is by entering a code manually. On your PS4 console, go to Settings-> Remote Play Connection Settings->Add Device->Code. Next, you have to enter this code on the Remote Play app and tap the Register button.
- Your phone will now automatically get connected to the PS4 console. Now, you should be able to view the PS4 controls and display it on the screen of your iPhone/Android phone.
- Finally, you just have to connect your Apple AirPods and the DS4 controller to your iPhone/Android phone.
- Now, you have successfully completed how to connect Airpods to PS4 without dongle and so, you can sit back and enjoy your PS4 games on your phone’s screen.