How To Connect Canon Printer Without WPS Button
Most of the latest routers support the WPS feature. You can prefer the WPS method to connect a printer or computer to a wireless network without the need to enter the network credentials manually. Now, in case your router doesn’t support the WPS option, then you need to try the alternative method to connect your printer to the wireless network.
The section below explains how to connect your Canon printer to a wireless network via the Standard Connection Method.
- First, turn on your wireless router/access point, Canon printer, and the computer.
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network that the printer is to be connected.
- For Windows: Insert the setup CD into your computer’s disc tray to initiate the software installation.
- For Mac: Download your Canon printer driver file from its support page if your Mac doesn’t have the disc tray.
- In the initial window of the installation wizard, click the Next button.
- For Mac: If prompted, enter your Mac computer’s security key and click Install Helper. On the Connection Method Selection screen, select the Wireless Connection option.
- Select Connect to the network > Cableless setup (for Windows XP users: select Other setup) > Connection via Cableless setup.
- Now, press and hold down the Wi-Fi button on your printer’s control panel until the orange alarm lamp flashes.
- Click the Next button.
- For Windows XP users only: Select the Wireless Setup using the USB cable option when prompted.
- Complete the setup process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the connection is set up, the Setup Complete message will be displayed on the screen.
- Finally, try a test print to check if the connectivity process is done correctly.
To get remote assistance on How To Connect Canon Printer Without WPS Button, contact us.