- Connect Epson Printer To Mac
How To Connect Epson Printer To Mac
Do you wish to connect the Epson printer to your Mac computer? It isn’t difficult. You can do it easily by implementing the steps mentioned in this post. To begin with, complete the hardware setup procedure.
Connecting the Epson printer to Mac
Initially, let’s start with the unpacking process. So, open the product packaging box and check all the components present inside it. Remove all the packaging materials from the inside and outside of your printer. You can now turn on the printer by connecting it to an electrical outlet.
Note: Depending upon the printer model that you use, steps may vary.
Make sure that you install the cartridges into the printer. Some Epson printers are designed with structured ink tanks. So, if you use the ET series printers, make sure that you fill in the ink tanks. Begin the ink charging process. Make sure that the printer is now ready to load the paper. So, insert the paper into the paper cassette. Do not exceed the paper limit indicated in the cassette.
Since the printer is not yet connected to your computer, you need to install the software from the official Epson printer website. Now, you can proceed to the software installation.
The Epson printer is supplied with the software disc, and so, you can insert it into the CD/DVD drive if you are using a Windows computer. However, we are now using a Mac computer. Most of the latest versions of Mac do not support a CD/DVD drive. Therefore, you need to download the driver for your printer from the official Epson support site.
Navigate to your Mac computer’s Downloads folder and double-click on the downloaded driver file. Continue with the on-screen instructions.
- Agree to the license agreement.
- Click Install. The installation might take several minutes. So, wait for it.
- When prompted, select your preferred connection method and then click Continue.
- Next, select Set up printer for the first time and click Continue.
- If you’ve selected the wireless connection method, click Continue.
- Now, click Start Network Setup and then continue with the further on-screen instructions.
- When prompted, enter the network name and password and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you wish to print a test page, you can do it and then click Continue.
- Finally, click Close to exit the setup screen.
You can now perform the printing or scanning operation using the Epson printer on your Mac computer.
That’s it. You’ve now seen how to connect the Epson printer to Mac.