- Connect PC to TV
How to Connect PC to TV with HDMI Cable?
It is unequivocally known that TV and computer technology has grown much in recent years. People can now connect their computers to TVs in an effort to expand their viewable display area. It is possible through High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI). Learning to route HDMI from computer hardware to TVs makes for enjoying the best possible experience with your cutting-edge devices. Below we describe how to connect PC to TV with HDMI Cable in a simple way.
HDMI was developed as a means to send uncompressed video data between two devices. It is also one of the most popular media transfer channels in existence. HDMI ports have become a de facto standard on devices ranging from computers to TVs and video game consoles. The cable eliminates the need for male/female connectors.
Modern computers come with HDMI ports. Hence, those looking to connect the computer to the TV need not search for a VGA to HDMI cable. First, locate the HDMI port on both your computer and TV. If there are multiple HDMI inputs, choose a specific port. Once located, proceed to plug in the cable into the port.
How to Connect HDMI Cable to PC?
- If it’s a laptop, find the HDMI port on the side of the keyboard.
- Or locate it behind the computer’s CPU on a desktop.
- Connect the free end of the cable into the HDMI port on the TV.
- Note down the HDMI port to which you’re connecting.
Select the HDMI Source
- Look for Source or Input button on the TV remote.
- With this button, select the HDMI port to which the PC is connected.
- Once the connection is established, the TV automatically displays the computer monitor.
How to Connect PC to TV with HDMI Support | If your computer – TV HDMI connection is not working, review the computer’s system preferences. Your computer might not be configured to automatically route video signals via the HDMI cable. In this case, you’ll have to manually select the port.
Fixed: Computer not Recognized on TV
If the connected computer is not recognized on the TV, follow the instructions below.
- Go to Start > Settings > System > Display > Detect.
- Adjust the resolution as needed from the drop-down menu.
To play audio via the HDMI cable
- Right-click the volume icon on the taskbar.
- Click Playback Devices. The Sound window opens.
- Select Digital Output Device (HDMI) in the Playback tab.
- Hit HDMI Output > Set Default > Apply.
- Configure the sound settings within the HDMI Output Properties.
Now, how to connect PC to TV with HDMI cable completed successfully. For, instant solution contact us.