How to Connect Printer to Mac 10.13.6?
To know the version of your Mac computer, click the Apple logo at the left corner of the screen and select the About this Mac option.If the version of the Mac computer is Mac 10.13.6, proceed with the instructions to establish a connection between the printer and Mac.If not, click the Software Update button and then perform how to connect printer to Mac 10.13.6 computer.
Adding USB Printer to Mac 10.13.6
- Unpack the printer, install the toner or ink cartridges, and place enough paper in the paper tray.
- Ensure that the printer is powered up.
- Check if the LCD panel of the printer displays any errors. If so, take the necessary troubleshooting steps to fix the error.
- Use a USB cable to establish a connection between the printer and your computer.
- If you see a new dialog box prompting you to download the printer software, download and install it as per the on-screen instructions on the Mac computer.
Adding a Wi-Fi or network printer to Mac 10.13.6
How to Connect Printer to Mac 10.13.6 using Wi-Fi network. If you have already connected the printer to the Mac computer over the same wireless network, perform the following guidelines.
- Select the File option followed by the Print option and then click the Printer button.
- Select either the Nearby Printers or Printers & Scanners Preferences option and choose the name of your printer from the displayed Printers list.
- If the printer is not appeared in the list, connect the printer to the Mac computer as per the instructions given here.
- Perform the initial hardware setup of the printer.
- After powering up the printer, ensure that no errors are displayed on the LCD panel of the printer.
- Connect both the printer and the Mac computer to the same wireless network as per the manual instructions.
- The steps to establish a wireless network connection varies depending on the printer.
- Use a USB cable to set up the wireless network. Once done with establishing the wireless network connection between the printer and the Mac computer, disconnect the USB cable.
- Choose the System Preferences option from the Apple menu.
- After clicking the Printers & Scanners button, select the name of your printer.
- Click the plus or add icon. Select the printer from the Printers list and click the Add button.
- This will add the printer to the Mac computer.
- If prompted, download and install the printer driver on the Mac computer.