- Connect Printer to Router without WPS
How to Connect Printer to Router without WPS Button?
The Problematic Scenario:
You have bought a new printer recently and you are going through the instructions to connect it to your home Wi-Fi. According to the instructions, you have to press the WPS button on your router, but you find that the button is not available on the router. You would like to know how to connect Printer to Router without WPS button.
The Quick Solution:
One way to connect your printer to the router (with the missing WPS button) is by installing the printer driver. Let us see how to do it for an HP printer using HP Smart app:
- The first step will be to ensure that your computer is connected to your wireless network.
- The next step is to download and install the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Now, turn on your HP printer. (In case the printer is in sleep mode, you have to press the Cancel button on the control panel).
- You need to press and hold the Wireless and the Cancel buttons until you see the Wireless and the Power lights starting to flash.
- Now, turn your attention to the computer. Open the HP Smart app.
- In case you are utilizing the HP Smart app for the first time, you will see that the app automatically searches for the new printers.
- In case you have already utilized the HP Smart app before, you can go ahead and click the Printers tab.
- Now, click the Set Up a New Printer option and then click on the Continue button. The HP Smart app will start searching for printers on your wireless network.
- Choose your printer and click on the Continue button.
- When you see a prompt to enter your network password, type in the WEP or WPA key.
- Once the HP printer gets connected to your wireless network, click Continue followed by the Exit Setup button.
- Now, the blue Wireless light on the control panel will turn solid.
You have now seen how to connect Printer to Router without WPS button.