How to Connect to Your Home Router as an Administrator
You have to log into your router’s software to change the settings for your home Wi-Fi network. Connect to your router, fix an issue, change your network settings, install port forwarding rules, configure firmware updates. All you need to know to log in Home router as the administrator is the router’s IP address and password.
1.Link your computer to the router with a USB cable.
2.Or go to the Wireless icon of the computer and select the network name.
3.Find the IP address of the router:
- Open Control Panel Network and Internet Change adapter settings.
- Double-click the network connection to open the Wi-Fi status.
- Select Details.
- Within Property, locate IPv4 Default Gateway or IPv6 Default Gateway.
- Note down the default gateway IP address.
4.Click open the browser and enter the router’s IP address in the address bar.
5.Authenticate with the administrative login information.
6.Many routers have admin as both the username and password.
If you are unable to access the router settings, check the connection between the router and the computer. Or double-check the username and password.
1.Restart the Router
- Pull out the router and the modem.
- Hold on for 30 minutes.
- Plug in the modem and press the Power button.
- Wait for about a minute, and the modem is assigned a public IP address.
- Insert the router and press a Power button.
- The router boots up after about 2 minutes.
2.Type the IP address in the address bar in the web browser.
3.Disable the computer’s Firewall.
- Open Control Panel System and Security.
- Choose Windows Firewall Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Pick Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended).
- Hit OK to apply the changes.
4.Access the router account and its settings.
5.Reset the router to factory defaults
- Power up the router and press the Reset button for 30 seconds.
- Hold down the Reset button and remove the device from the power socket.
- Keep the Reset button down and switch it on.
- Hold for another 30 seconds.
6.Administer Router Settings
- Keep the computer close to the router.
- Remove the other devices in the room to prevent interference.
It is best to connect your router to the computer with a cable.