- Wifi WPS Push Button
How to Connect Wifi WPS Push Button?
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is a wireless security standard that is built-in most of the routers. WPS allows you to connect other WPS-supported devices like printers, computers, and mobile phones to the wireless router without entering the network credentials. WPS is called as a protected setup because it connects the devices only via the protected Wi-Fi network. There are two ways to use WPS to connect the devices: WPS Push button method and WPS PIN method. You can find the WPS Push button on the router and the other Wi-Fi devices. Learn how to connect Wifi WPS Push button method.
Step-1: Enable the WPS Push Button
- Sometimes, you may not have the WPS Push button on your Wi-Fi device.
- Go to the Settings page of your device and then navigate to the network settings sections. The options might vary according to your device.
- Under WPS settings, select or enable the WPS Push button option and save the changes.
- Similarly, make sure your router has the Push-button.
- If the router does not have a physical button, check for a virtual button on the router page.
- Next, go to the router configuration page to enable the WPS Push button method.
- Save the settings.
Step-2: Begin the Connection
- Before starting the connection, keep both the connecting devices nearby.
- Press the WPS Push button of the router or click the virtual WPS button on the router’s web-based setup page.
- Within two minutes, press the WPS Push button on the connecting Wi-Fi device or click its virtual button on its page.
- Now, the Wi-Fi devices will be connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- If you do not press the Push-button within 2 minutes, the Wi-Fi connection process would fail.
Now, you have seen how to connect Wifi WPS Push button method simply.