How to Connect WPS Printer to Google Wifi?
If you own a WPS printer and looking for the right procedure to connect it to Google Wi-Fi, then you are on the right page.
Google Wi-Fi comes with the latest and most popular Wi-Fi encryption protocol that doesn’t allow you to connect to the network by entering the wrong or incorrect password. In other words, you need to enter the right password to connect your device to Google Wi-Fi. WPA2 is the protocol supported by Google Wi-Fi and it doesn’t support WPS.
After performing various research, experts have found a way how to connect WPS printer to Google WiFi.
If you have already installed your printer driver on the computer, then make sure to uninstall it before starting this process. Once the printer is connected to Google Wi-Fi, reinstall the printer driver on your computer.
Now, let’s see the connections steps in detail.
Step 1: First, check your printer’s network frequency. If it supports only 2.4 GHz, then continue with the below instructions.Step 2: Reset the printer’s network settings
- Tap or press the Network icon or button.
- Select the Restore Network Defaults option followed by Yes. Now, the network settings restore process will be initiated.
- Once the restore process is complete, the message Network defaults have been restored will be displayed on the screen.
Step 3: Print the Network Configuration page
Perform this step to confirm that the network settings are restored. To print it, tap Reports > Print Network Configuration Page.
Step 4: Now, power off all the devices that are connected to the network.
Step 5: Turn on the devices
- First, turn on your modem.
- Once your modem lights are steady, turn on the router.
- Following that, power on your printer and the other devices.
Step 6: Connect your printer to the router
- Now, go to your printer’s Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Select Google Wi-Fi’s name from the suggested list.
- Enter its password in the given field.
- Once the printer gets connected to the router, print a network setup report page.
Step 7: Install the printer driver file
- Connect your computer to Google Wi-Fi.
- Open the printer driver file on your computer.
- Complete the driver installation by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, try a test print.
If you having any further queries regarding how to connect wps printer to google wifi, contact us.