- Payroll On Quickbooks
How To Do Payroll On Quickbooks? [Quick Guide]
If you are running a company, you may be aware of the term “payroll.” Creating and managing payroll is not that easy if you’re managing the payroll details of more than 100 employees. But the QuickBooks application makes it easy and simple to perform.
This page explains “how to do payroll on QuickBooks” in detail. There are two different ways to do payroll and they are:
Continue reading this page to know how to do payroll on QuickBooks.
Method 1: Manual Payroll
This method requires many resources and time because the entire process is performed by hand.
- Initially, take a printout of the standard timesheets.
- Next, distribute the sheets to your employees and ask them to fill them out.
- Collect the filled sheets and perform the tax calculations for them.
- Finally, create and give handwritten checks to your employees.
The pros of this method are:
- Easy for beginners
- Suitable for small businesses
Method 2: Quickbooks Payroll Using Software
- Initially, make sure that you have installed the QuickBooks software on your computer.
- Next, launch the software and sign in to your QuickBooks account if you haven’t done it yet.
- On your QuickBooks software dashboard, click on the Payroll option.
- From the pop-up menu, select the Employees option.
- Click the Yes, No, or I’m not sure button in the window titled “Have you paid employees in XXXX?” (Note: XXXX is the year)
- Enter the general information that covers your employee’s tax payments and other details in the given fields.
- After entering the general information, add all your employees one by one by clicking the Add an employee button each time.
- Finally, fill the following fields: pay schedule, employee pay, employee deductions/contributions, employee withholding information, payment method, etc., to complete the payroll process.
- Once you have created your payroll on QuickBooks, run it by clicking the Run Payroll button from the dashboard.
You can contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page to know more about “how to do payroll on QuickBooks.”