- Router IP Address
How to Find Router IP Address?
An IP address is a unique code assigned to each and every device(s) connected to a network. Find Router IP address is pretty easy and simple. To know in detail, read the instructions given below.
How to Find Router’s IP Address in Windows?
Initially, you need to connect your Windows computer to the router’s network. After connecting it, you can either use the Command Prompt or Control Panel to find the router’s IP address.
Using Command Prompt
- Open the Command Prompt application as administrator.
- Type the ipconfig command and press the Enter key.
- Now, you will see a list of information related to your router on the screen.
- Look for Default Gateway, and beside it, you can find your router’s IP address.
Using Control Panel
- To Find Router IP address using Windows Control Panel.
- Go to your Windows computer’s Control Panel section.
- Locate the Network and Internet option and click the View network status and tasks command line under it.
- Under the View your active networks section, click your internet connection. It can be either a Wi-Fi or an Ethernet connection. Now, a pop-up dialog box will open, click the Details button on it.
- You can find your router’s IP address next to the IPv4 Default Gateway field.
How to Find Router’s IP Address in Mac?
To know how to find the router’s IP address on Mac, read and proceed with the simple steps given below.
Using System Preferences
- Go to your Mac’s System Preferences window.
- Click the Network menu.
- Select the Wi-Fi or Ethernet option.
- If you have connected your Mac device to the router over an Ethernet network, then the router’s IP address will be displayed on the screen as soon as you select Ethernet.
- If your connectivity type is wireless, then click on the Advanced button.
- Go to the TCP/IP tab.
- You can find your router’s IP address under the Subnet Mask section.
- Click the OK button.
- Open Terminal.
- Type the netstat -nr|grep default command.
- Now, look for your router’s IP address near the default field.
If you need remote assistance to find Router IP address, contact us.