- Canon Printer Problems Guide
How to Fix Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages?
Printing blank pages is a common problem in Canon printers. The printers normally have four ink cartridges, out of which one or more might be less on ink. Or carelessly, you might have left the breather tape adhered to the cartridge. It is recommended to replace the old /empty ink cartridges as soon as you’re notified. Otherwise, air enters the print nozzle leading to blockage. Also, make sure to avoid third-party low-quality inks. Follow the given instructions to get the solution for how to fix Canon printer printing blank pages issue.
Quick Steps for Print Blank Page Issue
- Inspect the ink cartridges and replace them if necessary.
- “Discard” the protective tape from the cartridge before installing.
- Ensure that the printer is run frequently in order to avoid clogs in print head.
- Use a lint-free cloth to clean the print heads and unclog them.
- Place the printer in a room of optimal temperature.
- With the cartridges removed, turn off the printer.
- Pull out all the cables connected to it.
- Press down the Power button to drain the remaining charge from the printer.
- Take the printhead out and inspect it for any foreign objects.
- Replace the printhead and cartridges.
- Connect the cables again and turn the printer on.
- Print a nozzle test and check the printer status.
Detailed Guidance for How to fix Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages Issue
Check Paper & Print Settings
- Make sure the input paper type matches the loaded medium.
- Select a print quality appropriate to the paper and to what you are printing.
- Increase the print quality if you see blurry lines on the print output.
Print nozzle check pattern
- Turn on the printer and load paper in it.
- Extend the output tray and lift the paper support.
- Press down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes and then release it.
- The nozzle check pattern is printed.
- If there are lines missing in the topmost pattern, you have to clean the printhead.
- If there are horizontal streaks in the second set of pattern, clean the printhead.
- Open the printer driver application on your printer.
- Head to Maintenance > Cleaning / Deep Cleaning > Print Head Cleaning > Initial Check Items.
- Turn the printer on and click Execute.
- View the Nozzle Check dialog box after the confirmation message.
- Click Print Check Pattern to see if the print quality has improved.
Replace Ink Cartridges
- Access the ink cartridge area within the paper output cover.
- Hold down the ink cartridge lock lever of the empty cartridge until it clicks.
- Take out the cartridge and unwrap a new one.
- Remove the protective tape on the new cartridge.
- Be careful not to touch the electrical contacts of the cartridges.
- Insert the cartridge straight into the holder until it reaches the back of the holder.
- Lock the cartridge into place by pushing up the ink cartridge lock lever. Pull down the paper output cover.
Positioning the Paper
- Check if you’re printing on the right side of the paper.
- Feed the paper such that the printable side faces down.
- Now, the how to fix Canon printer printing blank pages issue successfully completed.