- Computer Problems
How to fix Computer Problems?
Encountering technical glitches and unexpected reboots is pretty common among computer users. Below are some software and hardware troubleshooting steps for How to fix Computer Problems.
How to Recover Data from Hard Drive Failure?
- If a new hard disk is not recognizable by the computer, you can ask for a return authorization immediately.
- Give the CPU a properly ventilated space in order to maintain the longevity of the hard disk.
- Never use an unreliable power source to avoid hard disk failure.
- Update the computer system regularly.
- Make sure to close all the running programs before shutting down the computer.
Solved: Computer turns on but no Display on Monitor
- Make sure the computer-monitor cable connection is firm.
- Replace the visibly damaged cables with new ones.
- Open the computer case and insert the video card into another slot on the motherboard.
- Test the monitor after closing the case.
- Replace your video card if it is damaged beyond repair.
How to fix Desktop Keyboard not working?
- Secure the cable connecting the keyboard to the computer tightly.
- Verify that the Power switch on the keyboard is switched on.
- Load new batteries and see if it is working.
- Try changing the port to which the keyboard is connected.
- Don’t use a USB hub but connect the keyboard directly to the computer.
How to fix Mouse not Working?
- “Check” if the computer hardware are frozen by pressing the Num Lock key.
- Infer that the mouse is frozen if the Num Lock indicator LED doesn’t flash.
- Reboot your computer to resolve this problem.
- “Plug” the “mouse cable” into the right port on the computer.
- Disconnect the mouse and connect it back after a few seconds.
- The How to fix Computer Problems such as Mouse not working issue is successfully Resolved.
Why is Wireless Mouse not Working?
- Plug out the receiver and the mouse batteries; attach them both after about 5 seconds.
- Press the buttons Windows + R together simultaneously.
- Type devmgmt.msc to access the Device Manager.
- Find your mouse in the list.
- Right-click your mouse and head to the Scan for hardware changes option.
- Try inserting the receiver in a different port.
Why is my Wireless Keyboard not Working?
- See if all the connected cables are intact.
- Replace the batteries and check if it is functioning properly.
- Reconnect by pressing the Reconnect button on the wireless receiver once the batteries have been changed.
- Shut down your computer and switch it on after 15 seconds.
- Remove any wireless devices in the vicinity of the computer to avoid signal interference.
How to Repair CPU Fan?
- Check if the motherboard is connected to the CPU fan properly.
- Oil the fan bearing to enable its smooth performance.
- Use a brush to clean the fan blades.
- Since old CPU fans tend to damage the computer, replace them with new ones as soon as found.
How to Reduce Noise in CPU Fan?
- Give your computer a little breathing room to keep it cool.
- Remove any objects closer to the rear of the computer.
- Open up the CPU case and clean each fan.
- Move your CPU towards a cooler area.
- Invest in a good CPU fan if yours is old.
- Click the Processes tab within the Task Manager to find out the programs taking up much of the CPU’s potential.
- Repair the program by searching its troubleshooting method online.
How to Run a RAM Memory Test?
- Search for Windows Memory Diagnostic tool on your Windows computer.
- Press the keys Windows and R together; input mdsched.exe into the Run Dialog box and hit Enter.
- Choose the option Restart now and check for problems.
- The test begins as soon as the computer restarts.
- View the detected issues in the Status message and the progress bar displayed.
How to Solve DVD Drive not Working?
- Check with other CDS to see if the issue is really with the disc drive.
- Clean the drive with a cleaning solvent sprayed on a cloth.
- Get your hands on a CD-ROM cleaner from a computer retailer to remove the dust, dirt, or hair in it.
- Head to the Device Manager option within the Control panel.
- Remove the CD-ROM by highlighting and deleting the drive if there is an exclamation mark next to it.
- Try booting the disc from Windows to find if the computer can detect it.
How to Do a USB Port Repair?
- Restarting a computer can sometimes fix broken USB ports.
- Replace the USB port on the computer with a fixable slot.
- Get into Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers on Windows.
- Select your device and right-click it.
- Uninstall the device or click Scan for hardware change.
- Disable the USB selective suspended feature within the USB settings.