- Dell Printers Troubleshooting
Easy Guide for Dell Printer Troubleshooting
Printer issues are pretty common and can be easily rectified with the Dell Printer Troubleshooting steps given below.
How to fix Dell Printer Offline?
The printer offline problem might be caused due to outdated computer software or hardware fault. Perform the below steps to fix this issue.
- Find Device Manager in your computer’s Control Panel.
- Scroll down to the USB Controllers > USB Root Hub > Properties.
- Pick the Power Management tab and deselect the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option.
- Reboot your computer and head to the Network adapters.
- Right-click the Wireless adapter > Properties > Power management.
- Untick the same option as above.
- Update your printer firmware.
- Make sure your printer functionality is not being blocked by your computer’s Firewall.
SOLVED: Dell Printer cannot Communicate with Computer
- Delete any stuck print jobs in the queue.
- Pull out the cables from the printer and switch it off.
- Uninstall your printer from the computer devices.
- Reboot the computer now.
- Unblock the printer communications within your computer’s Firewall.
How to fix Dell Printer Paper Jam Issue?
- Unplug the printer and leave it as such for about 30 minutes.
- Remove any obstructions in the path of the paper sensor.
- Shake the printer gently by turning it upside down.
- Unload the ink cartridges and reinstall them.
- Change the position of the encoder strip of the printhead carriage.
- Use only a small amount of paper while feeding.
How to Troubleshoot Dell Printer Paper Feed Problems
- Dell Printer Troubleshooting guidance for Paper Feed Issue given below:
- Check if the paper is fed with the print side facing up.
- Use the paper types only suggested by the manufacturer.
- Pull out any jammed paper while the printer is off.
- Lift open the scanner glass and remove the jammed sheets of paper within the printer.
Dell Printer Photo 924 Troubleshooting Guidance
- Power down the printer and plug out the printer’s power cord from the supply.
- Plug everything back in after 60 seconds.
- Take the cartridges out and check if all the tapes around them are removed.
- Align the cartridges in their respective slots and close the printer.
Fixed: Dell Printer Paper Size Mismatch Issue
- Extend the paper tray outwards and check if the paper sensor is moving freely.
- Press the Menu key on the printer’s operator panel.
- Select Admin Menu > Checkmark > System Settings >Substitute Tray > Nearest Size.
- Align the length guides to the right size upon loading the paper.
- Navigate to Devices and Printers on your computer.
- Right-click your printer and choose Printing Preferences.
- Ensure that the set paper features match the paper fed into the printer.
- Get into your Print application and modify the settings in the Print Setup menu.
How to resolve dell printer load paper error?
- Tap Cancel to clear the error message on the printer.
- Discard the paper from the paper tray and then insert Letter-size paper into the input tray.
- Press Menu > Configure > Maintenance > Init NVRAM.
- Turn the printer off when prompted and then turn it on.
- Print Settings Report by accessing via Menu > Configure > Reports.
- If the report gets printed, configure the size and type of the document to be printed.
How to Factory Reset Dell Printer?
- Tap the Menu button on the printer’s LCD panel until Admin Menu appears.
- Select Maintenance > Reset Defaults > Are you sure?
- Power cycle the printer to save the changed settings.
Dell Printer not Connecting to Computer
- Ensure that the power cord is plugged tightly into the printer.
- Don’t use any surge protectors, but connect the power cord directly into the wall socket.
- Connect the printer securely to the host computer.
- Check if the wireless network to which the printer is connected is working.
- Clear any paper jams on the printer.
- Power cycle the printer to resolve any issues.
Dell Printer Printing Blank Pages Issue
- Offload the ink cartridges and then reinstall them in their corresponding slots.
- Make sure plain and fresh paper are fed into the printer.
- On the printer, navigate to Setup > Maintenance > Deep Clean Printhead.
- Align the printer and print an alignment page.
How to fix Print Job Stuck in Queue?
- Search for your printer in Devices and Printers option within the Devices menu on your computer.
- Select your computer and move to the top of the screen.
- Click See what’s printing and head to Printer.
- Choose Cancel All Documents > Yes.
- Restart the spooler if an error occurs.
Top dell printer issue solutions are briefly explained above. For more Dell Printer Troubleshooting guidance contact our experts.