How to fix Netgear router default password not working issue
Netgear router password is the key for login to the admin account. If the default password of the router doesn’t work, change the password.
Causes for failure of default password:
1. Mismatched Password:
If you have the password for another router saved on your browser, it will automatically pick the saved password.
- Hence, open the router login page on a new browser.
- Or clear the history of the web browser along with the passwords saved.
2. Active Antivirus:
Enabled and active antivirus programs like the intrinsic Firewall cause error in the Netgear router default username and password.
- Disable the Antivirus and try signing in to your router.
- Once the router work is done, enable the antivirus application again.
3. Changed Password:
If the router is hacked, it becomes impossible to log in with the old password.
- Performing factory reset on the router is the only way to fix this error.
4. Inaccurate Credentials:
- Take a look at your router’s manual to find the correct login default credentials.
- They might vary for every router.
- Check if you are entering the credentials without any typo.
- Double-check it since the passwords are case-sensitive.
- Verify that there are no added up spaces or symbols.
How to change the default password?
Change the default admin password for your router by factory resetting the settings. Thus all the router settings are reconfigured. The default password is assigned afresh after this. Read to know how to factory reset your Netgear router.
- Locate the Reset button on the Netgear router.
- With a small paper clip or ballpoint pen, press the Reset button.
- Old it down for 20 seconds.
- See if the router lights are blinking.
- Release the button.
- Plug out the router from the electric socket.
- Hold on for 30 seconds.
- Connect the router back to the power supply.
- Press the Power button to turn it on.
- The router is reset to its factory defaults.
- Login to the router account with the router IP address.
- Configure the settings now. .