- Printing Problems In Quickbooks
How To Fix Printing Problems In Quickbooks?
QuickBooks is nothing but an accounting software package developed by Intuit. This software is mainly designed for small and medium-sized businesses. These businesses can utilize QuickBooks to manage their income and expenses. One can make use of QuickBooks for performing the following activities too:
- Keeping track of the inventory you sell
- Generating reports
- Preparing for taxes
- Running payroll
- Invoicing customers
- Paying bills
At times, users find it difficult to print from QuickBooks. The issues that they face while printing from QuickBooks might be caused because of several reasons. Whatever the reason, you need to fix the printing problem as soon as you find it out. Now, we shall discuss how to fix printing problems in QuickBooks. If you are unable to print from QuickBooks, the printer does not respond when you try printing from it, or if you have any other printing issues, utilize the steps provided on this page to solve the problem.Now, before you proceed with the following troubleshooting procedure, make sure that the conditions given here are satisfied:
First, ensure that your QuickBooks is updated to the latest release. Confirm that your computer is connected to the printer. Ensure that the printer software is installed on your computer.
After ensuring that the above conditions are met, you can start with the steps given here to know how to fix printing problems in QuickBooks.
NOTE: The following conditions will apply to Windows computers:
Simple steps to fix printing problems:
Step 1 – Checking the printer:
To find out whether your printer is able to print outside of QuickBooks, perform a print from your usual print application.
- On your computer, go to the Search box and type in From the displayed options, choose Notepad.
- When your Notepad opens up, enter some text.
- Click the File menu .
- Then select the Print
- You will seethe Print window pop up. In the window, choose your printer.
- Click on the Print button in the window.
You have now learned one method to fix the printing problems in QuickBooks. If the above print test fails to work, move on to Step 2. In case it has worked fine, go directly to Step 3.
Step 2 – Cancel the pending jobs and do a test print:
- Turn off the printer, restart your computer, and then, turn on the printer once again.
- Confirm that you have loaded paper into the printer properly.
- Turn your attention to the computer and navigate to the Control Panel.
- When you are inside the Control Panel, double-click on the Printers and Faxes
- If your printer status is Offline, right-click on the printer and select the Use Printer Online
- Double-click on your printer and check if there are any pending print jobs in the queue.
- If yes, then cancel them. If not, move on to the next instruction to continue to fix the printing problems in QuickBooks.
- You can now close the current window.
- It is now time to right-click on your printer and then choose the Properties
- Click on the Print Test Page If the test page does not print, try the following steps to fix the printing problems in QuickBooks .
- Ensure that the latest printer driver hasbeen installed on your computer. If not, navigate to the printer manufacturer’s site to download and install the most recent driver on the computer.
- Make sure that you do not see any error lights on the printer. If you do, you can fix the error by referring to your printer’s documentation or manual.
Step 3 – Try using the QuickBooks Tool Hub:
- If you are able to print using Notepad, try using the Print & PDF Repair Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After using the tool, try printing from QuickBooks once again.