- External Optical Drive Installation
How to Install External Optical Drive?
Almost all the latest computers come with a CD-ROM drive. You can insert a CD/DVD and access the data or software on it using the optical drive. Also, to burn a CD, you need to have the optical drive. However, if you own a computer that doesn’t have a built-in optical drive, then you can use an external optical drive to burn CDs of your desire. To do so, first, install the optical drive on your computer and it can be done with the help of a USB cable.To know how to install External Optical Drive on your computer or laptop, carry out the following instructions.
Choosing the right drive:
Before you begin, it is important to select the right drive for your computer or laptop. Usually, the DVD drives are available in different drive formats such as DVD, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+/-R, and DVD+/-RW. After selecting the desired drive, install the external optical drive on your computer.
Installing an External Optical Drive [OR] Physical setup:
- First, power off your laptop or desktop if it is turned ON.
- Get the external optical drive and a USB cable.
- Now, connect the USB cable to the drive’s USB port.
- Insert the other end of the USB cable into your laptop or desktop’s USB port.
- Now, power on your computer.
- For Windows: Make sure to sign in to your Windows laptop as an administrator.
- Wait for your laptop to recognize the connected drive.
- Once your device recognizes the drive, the driver installation process will begin automatically.
- If the installation process fails to start, then insert the CD provided with the optical drive on your laptop and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the driver installation is completed, you can access the drive as per your needs.
If you encounter any issue while install External Optical Drive on your computer, then contact us.