- HOW TO INSTALL SIMPLICAM
HOW TO INSTALL SIMPLICAM
A decent mid-range security camera, “SimpliCam,” comes with the DIY-installed alarm system that monitors your home and alerts you when something goes wrong. It works with night vision and comes with features like two-way audio, motion detection, protection against fires, floods, carbon monoxide leaks and more.
Continue reading this page to know how to install SimpliCam for the first time.
Installing and using this awesome security camera is a simple and effortless process.
As soon as you take the camera from its box, remove the packing tapes (if present) surrounding it. Get the cord and thread it through the camera stand. Now, connect the cord to the camera and turn it on. Once the camera is turned on, pair it with your smartphone using the SimpliSafe app. After pairing the devices, your SimpliCam camera will be ready to use.
Learn how to install SimpliCam for the first time by referring to the steps given below.
Step 1: Turning on the SimpliCam camera
- Get the camera’s stand and the micro-USB cord provided along with the camera.
- Remove the cap from the cord if present.
- Gently thread the cord through the stand.
- Now, plug the cord into your SimpliCam camera’s rear end.
- Place the camera on the stand.
- Connect the security camera to the power source to turn it on.
- Once the camera is turned on, you can go to the next step of the installation.
Step 2: Installing the SimpliSafe app
- On your smartphone, open the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Type the SimpliSafetext and tap Search.
- From the list of suggestions, select the relevant one and tap Install or Get.
- Once the app is installed, open it.
- Tap Sign in.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reach the pairing screen.
Step 3: Pairing the devices
You can pair your SimpliCam and the smartphone in different ways.
Method 1: Automatic
Before you begin the pairing process of your smartphone and the camera, ensure the following:
- Your smartphone’s brightness is set to maximum.
- Your phone and the camera are placed within a 30cm distance.
Pairing the devices
- Launch the SimpliSafe app on your phone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- When the QR Code is displayed on the app screen, show it in front of the camera for it to read.
- Once the camera reads the code and is ready for the setup process, the white light will start to flash on it.
- The installation process will be initiated automatically within a few seconds.
- Wait for the pairing and installation process to complete.
- Once it is done, a solid blue light will appear on the camera.
Method 2: Manual
- On the SimpliSafe app’s main screen, tap the Menu icon.
- Select the Camera option.
- Tap the Install Camera button to add the SimplicCam camera for the first time. If you have already installed another camera on your phone, then tap the Gear icon and select the Add New Camera option.
- Check to make sure that the white light is flashing on your camera.
- Now, give a name for your camera and tap Next.
- Complete the pairing process by following the rest of the instructions displayed on the screen.
Once the SimpliCam camera is paired with your smartphone, it will be ready to use.
To know more about how to install SimpliCam, contact our trained technical experts by clicking the Call button provided on this page.