- Install Xcode on Mac 10.13
How to Install Xcode on Mac 10.13
The Mac operating system uses Xcode as an Integrated Development Environment(IDE). Using the Xcode, the registered developers can download the development tools for iOS applications through the Apple Developer website. Using the macOS version 10.13 or above is the minimum requirement for downloading Xcode on your Mac computer.
Carry out these steps to install the Xcode on Mac 10.13 computer:
- Before downloading the Xcode tool, you need to create an Apple ID.
- On your Mac desktop, open the Safari browser and go to the Apple Developer website.
- On the developer site, click the Accounts tab and select the Create Apple ID button.
- If you have an Apple ID, click the Sign-in button and enter your login credentials to sign-in to your account.
- Fill up the required details for creating a new Apple ID and log in to the Apple DeveloperApple Developer interface.
- Navigate to the left-side panel and click the Downloads tab.
- Download the latest version of the Xcode tool by clicking the Download button near the file name.
- You can either download it from the public releases or App Store.
- In the App Store main page, type “Xcode” in the search panel and press the Enter key.
- Click the Xcode tool followed by the Get button under the Xcode icon.
- Click the Install App button to download the Xcode tool on your Mac computer.
- Since the file size is large, it takes more time to complete the downloading process.
- You can check if the downloading process in Launchpad.
- After the file is downloaded, click the Xcode tool icon in Launchpad.
- Now, the Xcode will appear on the Dock panel.
- Give a double-click on the Xcode icon to run the setup.
- Read the software license agreement and click the Agree button.
- Enter Mac’s password in the pop-up window and click OK.
- Wait until the installation of components is complete.
- Now, you can access the Xcode tool on your Mac computer.